January Transfer Window 2024

TheAuthority

If we also sign Vlad and Morgan  and make those three signings this window. Then manage to move Chambers and Traore on then it'll be a nice tidy bit of business. Would like to see Hause get a loan too

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

If we also sign Vlad and Morgan  and make those three signings this window. Then manage to move Chambers and Traore on then it'll be a nice tidy bit of business. Would like to see Hause get a loan too

I agree on that, those kind of signings are interesting anyway. You can’t think of what might come out of it. With Emery in charge I doubt we’ll buy for the sake of it. So getting those younger/cheap players can be stars in the making. 
Somehow we’re changing players and look to upgrade while lowering our wage bill (well for those who success they’ll raise it again). 
With the likes of Coutinho, Dinge..etc then Chambers..etc We’ll have a good base to build on. 
Let’s what happens with Rogers. 
If we manage to keep doing what we’re doing and managed to qualify to CL while winning a cup or two this season then we’ll hopefully have a greater success while not sliding into FFP issues.

6 minutes ago, abdulaziz1 said:

I agree on that, those kind of signings are interesting anyway. You can’t think of what might come out of it. With Emery in charge I doubt we’ll buy for the sake of it. So getting those younger/cheap players can be stars in the making. 
Somehow we’re changing players and look to upgrade while lowering our wage bill (well for those who success they’ll raise it again). 
With the likes of Coutinho, Dinge..etc then Chambers..etc We’ll have a good base to build on. 
Let’s what happens with Rogers. 
If we manage to keep doing what we’re doing and managed to qualify to CL while winning a cup or two this season then we’ll hopefully have a greater success while not sliding into FFP issues.

Qualification for the CL is so important for us. Never before have I really delved into the figures behind it but with the FFP microscope on everyone, it feels like it’s actually the only way we’re ever going to get near the top of the table. 

It has to be our number one priority. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Qualification for the CL is so important for us. Never before have I really delved into the figures behind it but with the FFP microscope on everyone, it feels like it’s actually the only way we’re ever going to get near the top of the table. 

Aren’t we currently near the top of the table without being in the Champions League?

19 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Also unlike Newcastle and Leicest we're better place to capitalise and sustain the form. We've a lot of players with European experience. We'll have the experience of going deep in UCL this season too. The core of our squad have next to no amortisation left (ie we have signed on free of paid down their transfer fees) this boost the health of our FFP accounts. We can add players with the CL uptick in revenue to strengthen the overall squad. We'll have a sprinkle of young players who are hungry and have the right attitude who are pushing the senior players. It feels like a club that is aligned, we just need that bit of luck now to get us in.

Edited by CVByrne
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

Also unlike Newcastle and Leicest we're better place to capitalise and sustain the form. We've a lot of players with European experience. We'll have the experience of going deep in UCL this season too. The core of our squad have next to no amortisation left (ie we have signed on free of paid down their transfer fees) this boost the health of our FFP accounts. We can add players with the CL uptick in revenue to strengthen the overall squad. We'll have a sprinkle of young players who are hungry and have the right attitude who are pushing the senior players. It feels like a club that is aligned, we just need that bit of luck now to get us in.

This I agree with. I do think we can sustain it, but we absolutely have to make the CL this season. The summer will be very exciting if we do. I only think we’d need a couple of players but we’d go after top quality. 

13 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Newcastle were last season too. Leicester even won the league. How are they doing now?

You know full well what I mean by my post. Emery is a great manager and I have full faith in him but it’s going to be one hell of a slog trying to consistently compete at the top end of the league without CL money on a regular basis. 

Unlike Newcastle we are doing this while also playing in Europe. So we should be able to balance league and champions league better than they have. Also our depth in midfield is far better than theirs. Plus we have done everything sustainably so we have fewer concerns regarding ffp.

If we get champions league, that will facilitate another Diaby type signing (in regards to finance).

We already have built a profitable youth set up, and have a better foundation than Newcastle had at the start of the season. Compared to what we will have come the start of next season if we have champions league.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Philosopher said:

Unlike Newcastle we are doing this while also playing in Europe. So we should be able to balance league and champions league better than they have. Also our depth in midfield is far better than theirs. Plus we have done everything sustainably so we have fewer concerns regarding ffp.

If we get champions league, that will facilitate another Diaby type signing (in regards to finance).

We already have built a profitable youth set up, and have a better foundation than Newcastle had at the start of the season. Compared to what we will have come the start of next season if we have champions league.

Not sure how you can say the highlighted bit tbh. Big big difference between balancing the league with Champions League and Europa Conference league. Emery won't be resting players for Champions League matches.

We will just have to wait and see how the fixture list turns out but not sure how you could suggest we can balance it better then they have. I do agree though that qualifying for the Champions League should help the club make a big money signing in the summer (if they choose to) without selling a key player.

2 hours ago, maqroll said:

Thank god for transfer, badge and shirt talk because Villa have hardly kicked a ball this month. :rolleyes:

I hope the media, don't resort to tiredness, if we don't reach the standards in the next game.

3 hours ago, RichW said:

Not sure how you can say the highlighted bit tbh. Big big difference between balancing the league with Champions League and Europa Conference league. Emery won't be resting players for Champions League matches.

We will just have to wait and see how the fixture list turns out but not sure how you could suggest we can balance it better then they have. I do agree though that qualifying for the Champions League should help the club make a big money signing in the summer (if they choose to) without selling a key player.

The experience of travelling to the far reaches of Europe and 2 games a week while being in the top 4 if the league is a good foundation. We have also been playing a strong line up in many of the games. So I believe we will be able to balance things better given the experience. 

The quality of opposition is clearly higher, but we will be a better team come then (should we qualify). Players like Diaby, Torres, Carlos, and if his loan becomes permanent Zanolo will all be better placed to make telling contributions.

Additionally we will have Mings and Buendia back. There are no guarantees, but we look to be in a better place then last seasons Newcastle.

18 hours ago, MWARLEY2 said:

Always unavailable over the Easter weekend.  

where did you resurrect than one from?

I know, I go on about height.....in certain positions is the caveat, my critics conveniently leave out.

I would love Netto or Jota.

19 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

In that case he will know him very well and what he is capable of. I’d trust the judgment of Emery over Arteta any day. 

Agreed. If UE wants him, then I'm all for signing ESR (in UE we trust). I still doubt that they will sell or loan to us during this window though. We have also been stung once by his agent mentioning us, when his player wants something from Arsenal. Still, it's nice to have a potential transfer to think about...

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, TRO said:

I know, I go on about height.....in certain positions is the caveat, my critics conveniently leave out.

I would love Netto or Jota.

.. A team full of bigguns will beat a team full of littleuns , but a team of bigguns and littleluns will beat either. The beauty of football. 

5 minutes ago, MWARLEY2 said:

.. A team full of bigguns will beat a team full of littleuns , but a team of bigguns and littleluns will beat either. The beauty of football. 

Replicating 11 Ronaldos v 11 Messis is fun

6 minutes ago, MWARLEY2 said:

Balance is the key.

too many of either, won't work.......but too few of either won't work too.