January Transfer Window 2024

TheAuthority

shouldn't  judge a kid by his parents so IMO a sub €20 million move  for Reyna could be great business. Obvious talent and working under Emery’s tutelage and exacting standards could bring out the undoubted talent and be shrewd move. 

Edited by thabucks

1 hour ago, thabucks said:

shouldn't  judge a kid by his parents so IMO a sub €20 million move  for Reyna could be great business. Obvious talent and working under Emery’s tutelage and exacting standards could bring out the undoubted talent and be shrewd move. 

He probably fits in the Ramsey role for us if we play the exact way we already do with him in the team

12 hours ago, sne said:

Jorge Mendes is pimping out Gio Reyna to find a new club for him. We are one of the clubs that's supposed to be interested. Amazing the guy is still only 21.

Didn't realize Mendes was only 21. Must have got his start young :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, UpTheVilla26 said:

Chelsea would if he didn't already play there 😂

Speaking of Chelsea it’s mad to think they are willing to let Gallagher go. I don’t think we could afford him but what an option he would be in midfield alongside Doug and Kamara. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Herman22 said:

Speaking of Chelsea it’s mad to think they are willing to let Gallagher go. I don’t think we could afford him but what an option he would be in midfield alongside Doug and Kamara. 

I'm guessing it's this FFP pure profit for home grown players thing 

Also seen rumours over them selling colwill 

29 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Rather have colwill 

39 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

I take pleasure in knowing it won’t save them from what’s coming. 

43 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Yep, ffp related. Only players I’ve seen linked with a move away from Chelsea are academy players, Gallagher, Borja and Colwill. They penny has dropped with Bohley.

57 minutes ago, Herman22 said:

He would be 5th choice here

Edited by Zatman

1 hour ago, Herman22 said:

Stay clear of supposedly top English midfielders.  They are double the price they should be based on their ability.  For every Bellingham, they are 6 Philips.

Edited by HeyAnty

37 minutes ago, gwi1890 said:

The first time in years I haven’t been bothered about signing anyone for the first team in January. 

Agreed.  It feels like any signing would be a bonus rather than a necessity.  We could use a couple of extra options from the bench (who might in turn stake a claim for a starting spot) but a couple of players returning from injury / hitting form might give us those options anyway.  More to the point - if we don't sign anyone I will believe it is because (a) the manager is relatively happy with the players available and (b) the recruitment team thoroughly assessed the options available and concluded that better business could be done in the summer.  It is so refreshing to believe that we have a really competent recuitment team making considered decisions that are fully aligned with our coaches and manager.

22 minutes ago, Zatman said:

At best.  Luiz, Kamara, McGinn, Tielemans and Ramsey (albeit they all play slightly different roles) would all be ahead of him in my opinion.  I think he'd be a very expensive signing just to give us a different option.

54 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Perhaps, but we are always a couple of injuries, suspensions and fixtures away from " 5th choice " becoming second or third choice.

Would you rather Dendonker or Gallagher coming on? Gallagher starting in the Conference, Cup, or Dendonker etc?

( I don't actually dislike Dendonker either, just as example ).

From the players perspective, it probably wouldn't make much sense though 

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

4 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Perhaps, but we are always a couple of injuries, suspensions and fixtures away from " 5th choice " becoming second or third choice.

Would you rather Dendonker or Gallagher coming on? Gallagher starting in the Conference, Cup, or Dendonker etc?

Its not a correct comparison though.  Gallagher be about 60m compared to 10m 

28 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Hasnt Dendoncker started just once this season in the league?

The injury thing is possible but really not very common

Edited by Zatman