January Transfer Window 2024

TheAuthority

12 hours ago, striker said:

Both are too similar and lack creativity.

Luiz and Kamara lack creativity so Kalvin clogger Phillips is who we should go for 😂

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, John said:

He's come back from serious injuries before and I for one, wouldn't want to bet against him doing the same again. We shouldn't always fear the very worst, losing him for most, if not all of the season is bad enough. 

I’m inclined to agree, however he was 21 when he blew out his knee the first time. I love the guy, but even with modern medicine and rehab I find myself being a bit pessimistic on his return coming back as a 31 year old. 

• Like 1

Smith Rowe be a poor signing and type we ahould be going away from. Signing the dregs of the sky 6 is how they stay in power as clubs like Everton stupidly overpay

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Buendia ----- AM - Inj
Ramsey ------ AM - Inj
Zaniolo ----- LW
Bailey ------ RW
Diaby ------- RW
Traore ------ RW - Inj
Watkins ----- CF
Duran ------- CF

Are we looking a bit light in attack, especially that LW position? Compare that to Spurs, once they have players back from injury their attack looks stronger than ours:

Maddison ---- AM - Inj
Lo Celso ---- AM - Inj
Son --------- LW
Solomon ----- LW - Inj
Gil --------- LW
Kulusevski -- RW
Johnson ----- RW
Richarlison - CF
Werner ------ CF
Veliz ------- CF - Inj

Pulled from a fan page on FB.

" A few Premier League clubs and Barcelona are all vying for the talented defender MARIO HERMOSO. The 28 yr old contracts on June 30th and Head of Operations at villa, Monchi knows the player very well and tried to sign him from Atletico Madrid. "

1 minute ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Pulled from a fan page on FB.

" A few Premier League clubs and Barcelona are all vying for the talented defender MARIO HERMOSO. The 28 yr old contracts on June 30th and Head of Operations at villa, Monchi knows the player very well and tried to sign him from Atletico Madrid. "

Yeah as said in this thread already there is a lot of noise about this transfer

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Pinebro said:

Considering the breaches Everton and forest are getting charged with I'm getting more and more inclined to believe we won't do any business this window. 

They are charged with breaching the PSR over the 3 year reporting period. A signing this window has a very small impact on our 23/24 accounts. The decision around this window is really around the 2024 squad cost cap of UEFA. We don't know what UEFA competition we'll be in next season and the income from it. So a system of players leaving like Chambers and Traore needed first before maybe adding someone.

I think KKH is there to provide the squad cover Chambers did. Similar how we recalled Traore when we needed another wide player. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, duke313 said:

Buendia ----- AM - Inj
Ramsey ------ AM - Inj
Zaniolo ----- LW
Bailey ------ RW
Diaby ------- RW
Traore ------ RW - Inj
Watkins ----- CF
Duran ------- CF

Are we looking a bit light in attack, especially that LW position? Compare that to Spurs, once they have players back from injury their attack looks stronger than ours:

Maddison ---- AM - Inj
Lo Celso ---- AM - Inj
Son --------- LW
Solomon ----- LW - Inj
Gil --------- LW
Kulusevski -- RW
Johnson ----- RW
Richarlison - CF
Werner ------ CF
Veliz ------- CF - Inj

We don't really play with traditional wingers though. They are more like #10s. McGinn, Tielemans, Ramsey, Buendia, Zaniolo, Bailey, Traore all play in the the role

3 minutes ago, Osirus said:

Honestly got to be the biggest muppet in world football 

Still embarrassed that he was ever appointed, the worst “manager” (a real stretch) we’ve ever had esp in the context of what he had to work with…

Oh well, at least it’s over now and we we are enjoying the era of King Unai… the complete opposite. Has there ever been a bigger upgrade? 😆

a real blot on our history though…

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

Smith Rowe be a poor signing and type we ahould be going away from. Signing the dregs of the sky 6 is how they stay in power as clubs like Everton stupidly overpay

Disagree in that I really like ESR - think he’s a lovely player, think Arsenal should be using him more, and think he’s the sort of player (obvious potential, not delivering it) that Emery has a track record in making very good. Agree in that it’s a position I definitely don’t think is a priority for us so I wouldn’t be splashing any cash on him.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Zatman said:

I agree with that in principle but how can you call ESR the dregs? At worst he's an unknown qty after so much time off but he could be great for us.

2 hours ago, Zatman said:

Luiz and Kamara lack creativity so Kalvin clogger Phillips is who we should go for 😂

To cover for or give a rest to Kamara. I didn’t say Phillips was creative. 🤦‍♂️ Phillips is more than a clogger though but then again you knew that.

Just now, striker said:

To cover for or give a rest to Kamara. I didn’t say Phillips was creative. 🤦‍♂️ Phillips is more than a clogger though but then again you knew that.

Nope he is just a clogger. A modern day Karl Henry

1 minute ago, AVFCDAN said:

I agree with that in principle but how can you call ESR the dregs? At worst he's an unknown qty after so much time off but he could be great for us.

He can barely get any minutes at Arsenal who are struggling at the moment for some creativity. Has been an unused sub 8 times and started once