January Transfer Window 2024

TheAuthority

1 hour ago, Mr_Dogg said:

Ya, lets break our transfer record for a sub.

I think the argument was they want 50m euros in the summer and now he has 18 months left it would be sub 40m euros.

I dont think Jonathan David is all that, physically impressive but technically I dont think he is good enough. 

United, Liverpool, Chelsea, Spurs, Arsenal and Newcastle spent 30 million or more on forwards in last 2 seasons and went nowhere near him. 50 million euros is spare change to these teams

• Like 3

50 minutes ago, Zatman said:

I dont think Jonathan David is all that, physically impressive but technically I dont think he is good enough. 

United, Liverpool, Chelsea, Spurs, Arsenal and Newcastle spent 30 million or more on forwards in last 2 seasons and went nowhere near him. 50 million euros is spare change to these teams

I'd take him as squad depth if the price is right, and part of the equation would be how much we get for Durán.

10 hours ago, rbcuk said:

Looks like brighton are signing Barco for the buyout fee of €10 Million, we should have been all over this esp with the ages of Moreno and Digne

How do you know we are not ? We do our business under the radar or maybe they believe one of the youth team players can step up and don’t want to block off that pathway ? 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, thabucks said:

How do you know we are not ? We do our business under the radar or maybe they believe one of the youth team players can step up and don’t want to block off that pathway ? 

On this occasion i think that Brighton have had the full buy in from him and they have tracked him for a long while. Players know that Brighton are the best place as a youngster to get games. Their whole transfer strategy revolves around it. .. but if you think we have a left back thats going to burst onto the scene then we will be waiting a long time.  We have so many left footed youth players but barely any play left back. 

Far from the first time @sne has been across emerging Scandinavian talent, years ahead of most transfer links start up.

It can get lost in the new data world that watching players is still pretty foolproof if you get the right eyes on players.

Villa should be making use of your talents sir.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Why are people online freaking out that Spurs have signed two players, and we haven't?

I'd say its more about them being the closest rivals to our top 4 challenge than anything else 

Why are people online freaking out that Spurs have signed two players, and we haven't?

exactly. did people really think we would sustain this run with our squad and that we'd then sign 5 players in january to keep the title push going? the likes of spurs etc were always going to get their acts together and then further strengthen

• Like 2

Because we all remember years ago when we were in the top 4 and then Arsenal got Arshavin and we got Heskey….. we also remember when we got no one in and run out of steam in march. We need more experience particularly in the forward positions. 

• Like 4

26 minutes ago, Zero7 said:

I'd say its more about them being the closest rivals to our top 4 challenge than anything else 

But we have better squad depth than them, we don't need to panic buy.

26 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

exactly. did people really think we would sustain this run with our squad and that we'd then sign 5 players in january to keep the title push going? the likes of spurs etc were always going to get their acts together and then further strengthen

I don't see why we can't sustain it? Spurs should have better prepared in the summer, and they wouldn't have to panic buy now.