January Transfer Window 2024

TheAuthority

1 minute ago, macandally said:

Gallagher is energy without purpose, runs everywhere without cohesion or understanding, surprised he is has achieved where he is, personally think that this is his ceiling and for me, not a patch on JJ

I really like JJ so inclined to agree somewhat. However, both are much better than Buendia who is slow, weak and careless in possession. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

I really like JJ so inclined to agree somewhat. However, both are much better than Buendia who is slow, weak and careless in possession. 

Beundia is played to find that “number 10” pass, I would expect his pass success figures to be lower otherwise he is just another centre mid, defence splitting passes fail more than they succeed, but you win or lose on the minority that work.

The game today was a prime example, lots of possession, little penetration 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Kuwabatake Sanjuro said:

If we can't sign a RB this month then it is imperative that KKH is recalled from Plymouth, it will be a step up for him but we could do with the extra option and he can cover left back too.

I’d love us to sign a RB but I think they’d need a good few weeks to learn Emery’s offside trap so even if we sign one I don’t think we will see much of them before March… 

• Like 1

A lot of mentions for Frimpong, but are there any other suggestions for realistic right backs we could get that would be available for the right price, would suit our style and be willing to come? 

I've always like Kyle Walker-Peters but not sure how much of an upgrade he would be over Cash.

The AZ right back looked decent against us and is quite highly rated. 

Are there many la liga or bundesliga right backs that tick the boxes? 

10 minutes ago, macandally said:

Beundia is played to find that “number 10” pass, I would expect his pass success figures to be lower otherwise he is just another centre mid, defence splitting passes fail more than they succeed, but you win or lose on the minority that work.

The game today was a prime example, lots of possession, little penetration 

Oh yeh, that myth about Buendia being the king of this through ball which I’ve seen maybe twice at Villa. Tielemans can do what Buendia can do.

Classic case of player being x1000 better because he’s injured. 

Not good enough. 

6 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Oh yeh, that myth about Buendia being the king of this through ball which I’ve seen maybe twice at Villa. Tielemans can do what Buendia can do.

Classic case of player being x1000 better because he’s injured. 

Not good enough. 

No, said the same to you when he was playing so your argument is mute.  You don’t rate him, I disagree it is what it is but has nothing to do with injury.

Credit to Emery, he has evolved the way we play to offset the pressing Beundia did higher up the pitch

Edited by macandally

46 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

We're not going to pay ridiculous money for PL clubs 

39 minutes ago, macandally said:

I don’t often agree with you Striker, but Eze would be a game changer for us, when we beat them 3-1, he was head and shoulders above everyone else on the pitch

It’s the type of thing Liverpool did years ago or indeed Man U.

Let’s face it Palace are never going to be a top 6 club so I think both players would move to Villa but Palace would indeed be looking top money for both if willing to sell and to make them sell the offers would need to be excessive but that money could be recouped elsewhere.

For example, if the interest in Luiz is true then he would command a massive fee.

If it meant getting those two to Villa Park while losing Luiz then do it!

I would sell Cash in a heartbeat for the right price in january.

If that sale happened we would have to get an excellent RB and a cover for said option.

We simply cannot have players like Kamara injured without an equal replacement so i would expect movement either now or in the summer to remedy that.

Douglas luiz has struggled and not his usual self because of kamara's absence.

The midweek cup game is a blessing in disguise and hope we can rest some of the players as they looked tired today.

• Thanks 2

Just now, beasley14 said:

Chelsea selling good academy players to offset the money they wasted on shite/untested young players.  No strategy there. 

Gallagher is a good player, one of Chelsea’s best. Anyone saying he just runs around like a headless chicken doesn’t understand football. Would be great at Villa. 

• Haha 1