January Transfer Window 2024

TheAuthority

19 hours ago, Pongo Waring said:

Villa is the best player to come for any Spanish player who wants to improve to the next level.
Emery in the day, Paella at Pau Torres's at night. We have it all.

Minus 3 in training on Monday and 7 degrees sideways rain the rest of the week. I know right? 

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Apparently there is 40m+ odd recent clause fee

I'll ask again how is it good business to wait for players to go on long contracts, 3 mentioned today, and pay big money if Monchi is master of deals. Makes zero sense

1 hour ago, Philosopher said:

What do people think of Oscar Gloukh of RB Salzburg, who we have been linked to? 

I remember him being very impressive in the u20 euros a couple of years ago.

Not sure what Swaris would make of us signing an Israeli though!

He's good on FM but I prefer gourna douath

Seriously though, happy if we are scouting salzburg because we absolutely should be 

Just now, Kiwivillan said:

I'll ask again how is it good business to wait for players to go on long contracts, 3 mentioned today, and pay big money if Monchi is master of deals. Makes zero sense

Makes a lot of sense if it improves you and takes you next level in our case (CL or a trophy) then worth every penny

I personally dont think we will go for him though  be too pricey

4 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

I think it’s currently safe to say that we are in a good place football and business wise, so we can be relaxed about any decision made by the major decision makers at our club, which fortunately doesn’t include ourselves. But does include Monchi, Unai and our switched on owners. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Because sometimes it’s just about being able to attract the quality of the player and you’re happy to pay market rate or even above market rate. Not every deal can be a free or a bargain. 

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Because it is cheap for his quality

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Philosopher said:

What do people think of Oscar Gloukh of RB Salzburg, who we have been linked to? 

I remember him being very impressive in the u20 euros a couple of years ago.

Not sure what Swaris would make of us signing an Israeli though!

I’m pretty sure Nassif makes decisions on what’s good for his club and doesn’t hold any antisemitic views 

2 hours ago, Kiwivillan said:

Because a lot of the time they use this leverage to get lower release clauses. Nico Williams one is 40-50 million where it was before. 

Frimpong probably had like 3 more years left on his deal

2 hours ago, Kiwivillan said:

To improve us we have to shop in Harrods now not in the bargain basement of Poundland. You get what you pay for generally.