January Transfer Window 2024

TheAuthority

22 minutes ago, Strog said:

Im sure we would if we could but FFP might be an obstacle here 😞

Yes but does anyone outside the club really know our true situation? I am sure our owners will operate within the rules as they stand but being the men they are a way will be found if the right opportunity presents itself. 

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, PerryBarrPet said:

Yes but does anyone outside the club really know our true situation? I am sure our owners will operate within the rules as they stand but being the men they are a way will be found if the right opportunity presents itself. 

Of course none of us know, but it’s telling we sold 3 prospects in the summer window. Appreciate game time might have been an issue but they may of been useful to help with squad depth. Maybe FFP played an issue then too 🤷‍♂️

33 minutes ago, PerryBarrPet said:

Maybe we'll sell Villa Park again??😀

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, StanBalaban said:

If they were open to a loan, how would folks feel about bringing Kalvin Phillips in for the rest of the season to give us some depth?

I couldn't see them loaning even him to a rival for their league title, more likely he will rock up at Newcastle as one of their shady transfer deals next month. ;)

People thinking we'll suddenly splash the cash in Jan because we're doing well are deluding themselves. Jan is a terrible time to do business and you almost always overpay when you do make a signing. 

We will likely let a player or two leave and if we can find the right player we might sign one. I think we need a right footed winger and a central midfielder and would move Traore and Dendonker on if we found either position.v

• Like 2

6 hours ago, nick76 said:

Championship level is so much lower than PL as shown by the excellent promoted teams really struggling this season.  So while JPB is playing well doesn’t mean he’s a top 4 quality player. 

Both Eze and Olise came from weak Championship sides

10 hours ago, nepal_villan said:

Just bring Philogene back.  

the poster suggested a player who could only play the Diaby role in the team I would say your suggestion is far more sensible, Diaby/Baily/JPB would be a good option for the RW/SS role we have. Until then leave him at Hull to develop.

5 hours ago, ender4 said:

Yep that’s what I think. Might need to sell Traore, Chambers and Hause first.  

Not according to our books we don't also that three won't fetch anything more than a few million in total IF you can get any fee at all

7 hours ago, nepal_villan said:

Yeah but JPB was with us only four months ago, he’s now not magically ready.  Let him continue to develop in the Championship for longer.

11 hours ago, StanBalaban said:

If they were open to a loan, how would folks feel about bringing Kalvin Phillips in for the rest of the season to give us some depth?

Much prefer Dendoncker than that waster. File him under Drinkwater/Barkley territory

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, thunderball said:

Can’t see City letting him go to a top 4 rival in the same season, especially when we are above them? He is finished there though.

City be delighted to let him go. He won't be match fit until about April so they would be harming a rival

Plus crucially he was never that good. Its not some elite talent we be assisting but some clogger

45 minutes ago, thunderball said:

Can’t see City letting him go to a top 4 rival in the same season, especially when we are above them? He is finished there though.

Thankfully I think we're done making these crappy deals 

• Like 4

10 hours ago, nepal_villan said:

And now they both play for a weak Premier Division side.  They are both very good players but really need to leave Palace if they want success.