January Transfer Window 2024

TheAuthority

41 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

He probably looks head and shoulders above his peers when playing for u18s and then held his own when called up to the senior team. 

Sign him up!

Joe Hart was head and shoulders above the rest wasn’t he?

:trollface:

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Only concern at all about McKenzie and Lange leaving is them going after our targets.

I'm not sure their needs overlap ours really though and I'm sure Monchi has a different idea of what he and Unai would like to bring in

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Pongo Waring said:

He any good? 

No idea. England U-21 wide player and bit part squad player for Juve. Former Chelsea academy product. Don't remember ever watching him.

2 hours ago, alreadyexists said:

After a quick google he’s an 18 year old forward but quite versatile apparently. He’s made 5 appearances for Besiktas, the rest have been U18 level. I mean, how do you even scout a player like that? How do you set him apart from, say, a young player in the championship?

There's a lot of fan expectation and pressure at a club like Besiktas, so it's pretty impressive for any 18-year-old to get game time tbh. The big 3 in Turkey are not comparable atmospheres to say, any Championship team, IMO. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, lexicon said:

There's a lot of fan expectation and pressure at a club like Besiktas, so it's pretty impressive for any 18-year-old to get game time tbh. The big 3 in Turkey are not comparable atmospheres to say, any Championship team, IMO. 

That’s a good point, the Turkish league is next level for atmosphere and fan intensity. They let off flares for a goal kick

It's worth noting about McTominay that he really isn't a defensive midfielder. At youth level he even occasionally played as a striker such was his attacking instincts, and basically got shoe-horned into DM at senior level because of his size and general athleticism, but you can see from his performances that it isn't his natural game and his best work for United has come as more of a box-to-box player where he's able to get forward and offer a goal threat. He'd be a square peg in a round hole as a Dendoncker replacement.

Edited by Indigo

2 minutes ago, duke313 said:

A RB is a must for me.  Nothing wrong with Cash, I think he's a decent player, but his back up is a centre back. We need competition for places, so either an improvement on Cash, or a younger RB to come in and push him for starts.  

Maybe we are waiting to see how Kesler Hayden does before bringing in a new right back

That Sacha Boey fella we were linked with last year is supposedly on a move away from Turkey. 23 y.o French RB who plays for Gala. Arsenal and Liverpool/Manure linked. Maybe we are still looking?

32 minutes ago, sne said:

That Sacha Boey fella we were linked with last year is supposedly on a move away from Turkey. 23 y.o French RB who plays for Gala. Arsenal and Liverpool/Manure linked. Maybe we are still looking?

Just watching this video of him. Looks to be a solid defender, strong and reads the game well etc. Might lack refinement in possession, though, but without watching a game of his, it's hard to tell. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, alreadyexists said:

That’s a good point, the Turkish league is next level for atmosphere and fan intensity. They let off flares for a goal kick

To be fair we celebrated wildly for a goal kick under Gerrard because we were so starved of other excitement.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, MSvillain said:

I'm not sure their needs overlap ours really though and I'm sure Monchi has a different idea of what he and Unai would like to bring in

Certainly as opposed to the virtually nobody signings that Lange masterminded. 

13 hours ago, nick76 said:

Agreed, not sure why we are mentioning him in this thread.

The correct and only answer is "because he's 6 foot 4".

Cheerleading for big players has been happening for the last few years.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, duke313 said:

A RB is a must for me.  Nothing wrong with Cash, I think he's a decent player, but his back up is a centre back. We need competition for places, so either an improvement on Cash, or a younger RB to come in and push him for starts.  

If we get a new RB, it could mean we can play Cash in a right midfield position. Against certain teams that could be brilliant combination.

12 hours ago, sne said:

No idea. England U-21 wide player and bit part squad player for Juve. Former Chelsea academy product. Don't remember ever watching him.

Love that you replied to this with zero information regarding the question.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 3