Clément Lenglet

Tom13

17 minutes ago, desensitized43 said:

I've been susprised how well this guy has done. If the money was right I'd sign him permenantly in the summer but knowing Barca he's probably on something utterly ridiculous.

Unless of course they're desperate to get his wages off the books, which I suspect they will be. I think the bigger issue will be how much salary he wants. 

Isn't he on something like £250k p/w at Barca?

I think he's been pretty good since his slow start but I wouldn't be looking to sign him on a permanent deal. He's too old and too expensive for us now. Our transfer policy has changed

Edited by PeterSw
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, PeterSw said:

He's too old and too expensive for us now. Our transfer policy has changed

Yes agreed.

Looking at our defence ages (as at this summer) Carlos 31, Mings 31, Lenglet 29, Torres 27, Konsa 26, (Chambers 29).

I think we'll definitely be looking at someone younger who can grow into the team over the next year or three. 

Even our LB & RB are Moreno 31, Digne 31, Cash 27.

45 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

Unless of course they're desperate to get his wages off the books, which I suspect they will be. I think the bigger issue will be how much salary he wants. 

That's the double danger of having someone on those wages. You want them gone and you're willing to basically move them on for nothing but the bastards just won't go. We've felt that pain with the likes of Richards, Bent and McCormack.

45 minutes ago, desensitized43 said:

That's the double danger of having someone on those wages. You want them gone and you're willing to basically move them on for nothing but the bastards just won't go. We've felt that pain with the likes of Richards, Bent and McCormack.

Depends on the length of their contracts too. Has Shay Given left yet??

• 2 weeks later...

Definitely should only be used as an LCB. I don't want to give him too much grief though because he's been decent imo. Poor today though, although the defence in general was.

• Like 2

He has been valuable for us once Ty was out for the season but if you arent incredible technically in this league then you at least have to be quick and strong and be taller. Not knocking him but theres no qualities that stand out in his play and natural attributes. 

4 minutes ago, MWARLEY2 said:

He has been valuable for us once Ty was out for the season but if you arent incredible technically in this league then you at least have to be quick and strong and be taller. Not knocking him but theres no qualities that stand out in his play and natural attributes. 

Hopefully him and Zaniolo help us going to the CL, and winning the UECL and they will be remembered like our players in the promotion season. They might not be the level we want but they helped us.

17 hours ago, ozvilla28 said:

I'm not blaming him only , but is it me since he come in the side the leaking of goals started.

I don't think it's just down to him but neither him or Torres are the quickest, so I think having Konsa in there is a necessity. We've not played the offside trap well since before Christmas tbf. I think the injuries and continual changes have massively unsettled us in defence but imo we really need to stabilise this during the run in and try not to tinker too much.  

• 3 weeks later...

I am on the fence with Clement.

• Would Spurs fans have him back.... No
  • Has he helped us in a dire need,.....yes
  • Would I prefer a Mickey van der ven....all day long.

The next phase for us, is players who can make a real difference, I am not sure he can.

I think we have to sign players, who push our first teamers, not cover for them....competition renders our first teamers as cover, if they don't compete.

Â