Clément Lenglet

Tom13

6 hours ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

A big problem, mentioned in commentary was the lack of support in front. Kamara and Tielemans were non-existent.

Agree with this. They were both very poor. Been a while since we’ve looked so poor in central midfield in a match. 

Not sure he looked obviously slow, e.g. he basically matched Konsa in running back on the 2nd goal.

Unfortunately i think he made completely the wrong decision, went charging towards Digne and his man, which meant Konsa had to stay central and couldn't cover the goalscorer.

• Like 1

You can't really judge Lenglet from one game, especially in a makeshift back line.

He needs at least 5 games in a Villa shirt to settle and get to know our system.

I actually think he was the best defender in the side last night, and until a mistake near the end of the game had been pretty reliable.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, wilko154 said:

You can't really judge Lenglet from one game, especially in a makeshift back line.

Oh on VT you can ;)

You can also write off a player altogether when two bad games follow thirty good ones 😜

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Was absolutely fine, no howlers and the goals especially weren't directly his fault. 

Looked reasonable on the ball which is a miracle considering he hasn't played in months. 

Our midfield, as others have said, left Konsa and him utterly exposed for the entire match. 

1 minute ago, LondonLax said:

When there is too much space between midfield and defence the defence ends up looking crap, regardless of who is playing there. 

I agree to a point. But I still think that defence would have been dodgy anyway. Even with a better performing midfield I hope never to see that defensive selection again.

Â