Midweek Football 14 /16 August

andykeenan

10 minutes ago, bobzy said:

It’s just a foul.

I don’t think there’s corruption generally in the league… but stuff like that makes me question it. Ridiculous.

But we’ll all keep viewing the games so no-one really cares. 

The evidence is for all to see. That must be the most blatent penalty you will ever see

I bet if sa did that to bruno 10 times united get 10 penalties.  They have VAR now so no excuses for missing mistakes. This is PURE CORRUPTION 

Edited by Demitri_C
  • Like 2

Keepers get away with so much don't they?

I thought at a point last season they were starting to clamp down on keepers flying into opposition and missing the ball but yesterday the Spurs keeper flew out and connected with Schade and nothing was given and that was a complete travesty for Wolves, insult it didn't go to the monitor but I don't think we're too shocked now with 4 seasons of VAR.

13 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Wolves last season quite often played well and didn't score goals.

They're back.

I think the big guy will given them a different outlet to last season if he can stay fit, got enough streetwise players with Dawson, Semedo and Lemina and ball carriers like Neto to be o.k so pretty much the same as last season  and probably taking 4 points off us again as they are a very awkward team to play if you don't score in first 20 minutes.

9 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

PGMOL will apologise, Man United keep their stolen 2 points, the VAR clown will sit out for a week, and then they'll come back and **** up more games like nothing ever happened.

There's just no interpretation about that one, is there? I can understand the on field ref not calling it if the porky bastard didn't get a good view of it, but VAR? Any professional referee has looked at that with the benefit of replays and slow motion and think it's not a foul needs sacking.

Was listening on Talksport and they got word that VAR just viewed it as "a natural collision" so that's the fudging for tonight and then they'll probably backtrack tomorrow at some point.

A million per cent gets given if Rashford gets taken out by Sa at the other end at that stage of the game.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Protecting the team that generates most money for the league.

Other leagues aren't all as financially motivated as this one - some of them are still based around sporting principles.

Man united especially and Liverpool to an extent need to be at the top of the league competing for titles in order to make the most money from TV deals. Imagine if United were down in 12th? The Premier league would re write the rules. Hence to bias towards them that's been going on for decades. 

Thought Wolves looked decent tonight, utterly robbed by another predictably shite VAR decision. The FA will put all their bestest minds together and say they've solved it by coming up with something like this - 

spacer.png

🙄

26 minutes ago, villa89 said:

Man united especially and Liverpool to an extent need to be at the top of the league competing for titles in order to make the most money from TV deals. Imagine if United were down in 12th? The Premier league would re write the rules. Hence to bias towards them that's been going on for decades. 

I don't know, Chelsea have just finished 12th and they're not far being off the worldwide juggernaut Man. United are these days (considering where they were mid 90s) and no europe for them.

Man. United finished 6th and 7th in last decade so if they're that bad during a season they won't be good enough to get marginal decisions.

I do think timing played a part, if that was 20th minute Wolves probably get a pen but for some reason there seems trepidation in giving late decisions against the top teams, probably due to likes of Klopp endlessly going on about it in press and so officials get demoted for a week.

6 hours ago, villa89 said:

It's not just Premier League.

Uefa are desperate for them to be in champions league every year too.

9 hours ago, VillaChris said:

I don't know, Chelsea have just finished 12th and they're not far being off the worldwide juggernaut Man. United are these days (considering where they were mid 90s) and no europe for them.

Chelsea have no where near the amount of fans worldwide that Man United do. United are the biggest club in the world in terms of worldwide fans.

12 hours ago, villa89 said:

Sure was constant articles a few seasons back that the Premier League needs a strong Man United. Bullshit

Â