Harry Kane

mjmooney

54 minutes ago, JPJCB said:

Why does everyone hate Kane so much? He seems like a fairly ordinary bloke to me, is objectively a very good player (and largely through hard work rather than innate natural talent) and has been refreshing as England captain compared to some of his predecessors 

You must have missed the many times he “wins” penalties with his “clever” play (as SkyScumSport put it).

• Like 2

I don't hate him he's a prolific goal scorer. I just don't think he's as good as the media make out and has never won anything and doesn't produce in the most important games

5 hours ago, rjw63 said:

You must have missed the many times he “wins” penalties with his “clever” play (as SkyScumSport put it).

Fair- although the hatred is better directed at the rule makers that allow it than the players that exploit it 

2 minutes ago, JPJCB said:

Fair- although the hatred is better directed at the rule makers that allow it than the players that exploit it 

the guy was making potentially crippling tackles and was getting away with it.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Zatman said:

the guy was making potentially crippling tackles and was getting away with it.

Don't forget his signature move of body checking a jumping defender so that they fall dangerously. 

• Like 1

On 17/02/2024 at 15:31, Rds1983 said:

Don't forget his signature move of body checking a jumping defender so that they fall dangerously. 

Nasty that is, as bad as a 2 footed challenge, red card really. This bloke gets penalties and the opposing player yellow cards for it.

15 minutes ago, villan95 said:

Bayern lost 3-2 at Bochum today and Leverkusen won yesterday meaning the gap is now 8 points!

Long way back

Even bayern seem susceptible to under performing under a dead man walking, not sure where Tuchel goes from here, Chelsea gave up under him too

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Long way back

Even bayern seem susceptible to under performing under a dead man walking, not sure where Tuchel goes from here, Chelsea gave up under him too

Nagelsmann was sacked for less.

On 17/02/2024 at 15:31, Rds1983 said:

Yeah fair enough- I’d forgotten he used to do this and it’s despicable 

10 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

If England want to win the Euros then they need Kane to be injured.  He is just not allowed a trophy.

Could you imagine. He’d be better off just retiring at that point 😂

On 18/02/2024 at 22:31, Wainy316 said:

If England want to win the Euros then they need Kane to be injured.  He is just not allowed a trophy.

I genuinely think he’s holding us back. Not only with his random folly’s into CDM but also being the captain who is painfully dull and can barely speak.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Harry Kane statue revealed:

Harry Kane: Chingford statue revealed before going on display

3 hours ago
By Jess Warren ,BBC News
Sculpture Machine Ltd The statue of Harry Kane shows the footballer sat on a green bench with a football on his kneeSculpture Machine Ltd
The statue has been kept in storage because local councillors could not find a home for it

Images of a statue of England captain Harry Kane which was commissioned by a London council have been revealed ahead of it going on display.

Waltham Forest Council allocated £7,200 in 2019 and 2020 to have the work made of the Chingford-raised footballer, but it has been kept in storage since.

The project was approved by the Conservative councillors for Chingford's Endlebury ward.

They said it would go on public display in the borough later this year.

Congratulations, you've managed to make him look even more **** gormless than he actually is.

It's a low quality photo, so maybe it's not as bad as a tiny compressed image makes it seem, but if I saw that with no context, I'd have absolutely no idea who it was supposed to be

Â