Nicolò Zaniolo

Delphinho123

7 hours ago, Spoony said:

Needs confidence and a bit of a reset. I reckon there’s a player in there but at the moment he reminds me of Trezeguet but without the goals…

And we should all remember that without Trezeguet we would've been relegated, he only shone for a short while but he was there when we needed him.

• Like 1

Just now, nick76 said:

I’m a big fan of Zaniolo but even I’m worried, he seems to be getting worse than better.

I agree, I am a fan and I have kept faith in him but I am literally watching the match right now and he's not off to a good start at all.

I hope for his sake and ours that he rises to the occasion soon.

They've just scored 🙄

3 minutes ago, Risso said:

Let's be honest, this isn't going to work out, is it? Starting him was a big mistake by Emery, he's done absolutely nothing to warrant a start whatsoever.

He was given a huge role in the side as well, fairly free to move around and just find space. And he flopped big time.

Looked like he couldn't play football. Literally couldn't control the ball. Kept falling over and asking for a foul. It was seriously pathetic.

That's when it's worryingly bad. Not playing badly. Looking like you can't contribute at all.

How does the concept of "writing off" a loan player becoming a thing?

He isn't even ours

I have difficulty to warm to a player who is playing for himself and isn't adding anything to the team.

If you're low on confidence you don't shoot from ridiculous angles and try to do the difficult things.

Zaniolo just isn't very likable for me. I'd terminate his contract in January if possible.

Ramsey back is reassuring.

Edited by Pinebro
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Giraffe legs.  He falls down when he shouldn’t and stays up when he should go down. 

The money they be looking, we shouldn’t touch the deal with a barge pole.  I literally don’t see why the fee is warranted so far.  

• Like 1

I think Unai really rates his ability.  It's hard to pick up a player when they are mentally so shot both on and off the pitch right now.  Is it better to give the player a start and back them, only to have to keep taking them off at half time, or bring them on with half an hour left and limit the chance of doing something useful?  Even against teams like Bournemouth you can't really have passengers, especially as they have had a week since their last game compared to 3 days.  

3 hours ago, Villan_of_oz said:

And we should all remember that without Trezeguet we would've been relegated, he only shone for a short while but he was there when we needed him.

or maybe, because we had players of Trezeguets "quality", and other players of similar "quality", is exactly the reason we were in a relegation battle in the first place.

he might have scored the odd important goal, a bit like El Ghazi, but if we just had better players in the first place, we wouldnt have been in that situation.

6 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

or maybe, because we had players of Trezeguets "quality", and other players of similar "quality", is exactly the reason we were in a relegation battle in the first place.

he might have scored the odd important goal, a bit like El Ghazi, but if we just had better players in the first place, we wouldnt have been in that situation.

We were a new team in the prem, I think you're being rather unrealistic...

2 minutes ago, Villan_of_oz said:

We were a new team in the prem, I think you're being rather unrealistic...

i dont think so tbh.

Yes we could have got relegated, but quite a few teams promoted over the last few years did better than us in their first year back, such as Brentford, Sheff Utd, Leeds, Wolves etc.

granted we are now doing better overall, but its rose tinted spectacles to think we couldnt have done better considering the money we spent in that promotion year, we bought some proper gash, and stayed up in spite of it, not because of it.

Just now, MaVilla said:

i dont think so tbh.

Yes we could have got relegated, but quite a few teams promoted over the last few years did better than us in their first year back, such as Brentford, Sheff Utd, Leeds, Wolves etc.

granted we are now doing better overall, but its rose tinted spectacles to think we couldnt have done better considering the money we spent in that promotion year, we bought some proper gash, and stayed up in spite of it, not because of it.

Mate we had the mad doctor nearly destroy the club 2 years earlier. What we've achieved in a short period of time is amazing, and yes it's a been a rocky journey but it makes it all the more enjoyable.

If you can't look back on that team fondly I feel sorry for you!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Villan_of_oz said:

Mate we had the mad doctor nearly destroy the club 2 years earlier. What we've achieved in a short period of time is amazing, and yes it's a been a rocky journey but it makes it all the more enjoyable.

If you can't look back on that team fondly I feel sorry for you!

i didnt say i cant look back on the team fondly, im just saying it wasnt all sweetness and light, and some of the players dont deserve the mini cult status they seem to have.

anyways, im gonna get told off as this is the Zaniolo thread, not the 2019 promotion team thread, so lets part with a cuddle and be friendos.

• Like 1

It's a shame to see him not really hit the ground running after his exploits elsewhere, there's definitely a player in there just seems to of hit a bad bit of form. Having said that, how many players in recent seasons have us fans deemed not good enough, it's been said about Konsa, Dougie, Bailey and more recently Watkins.

My point being, with him starting on Sunday Unai obviously see's something in him to give him that chance. I've also got to say it was like playing with 10 men yesterday.

UTV

I think there is a method in the madness when starting him away from home. If the opposition press is intense and  is not letting us play out from the back, then Zaniolos size gives our defenders and keeper an alternative out ball to Watkins when we are under cosh, and his physicality makes them more of a 50:50 than other players would. I can think of a few examples where the ball just gets lumped to him to ease pressure. 

Once Unai realises the press is either a) not effective or b) tiring, that’s when he introduces Bailey/Diaby/Ramsey and opens up the spaces.

I think he is doing a job for the team and manager. 

22 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

i didnt say i cant look back on the team fondly, im just saying it wasnt all sweetness and light, and some of the players dont deserve the mini cult status they seem to have.

anyways, im gonna get told off as this is the Zaniolo thread, not the 2019 promotion team thread, so lets part with a cuddle and be friendos.

Deal 🤝

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, nick76 said:

I’m a big fan of Zaniolo but even I’m worried, he seems to be getting worse than better.

If one of those spectacular finishes went in, we potentially see a different player.

Fine margins and it's a rough ride at this level.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Pinebro said:

How does the concept of "writing off" a loan player even a thing?

He isn't even ours

I have difficulty to warm to a player who is playing for himself and isn't adding anything to the team.

If you're low on confidence you don't shoot from ridiculous angles and try to do the difficult things.

Zaniolo just isn't very likable for me. I'd terminate his contract in January if possible.

Ramsey back is reassuring.

Yep agree.  You bring in a loan player you expect them to contribute. He isn't so bin. 

1 minute ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

If one of those spectacular finishes went in, we potentially see a different player.

Fine margins and it's a rough ride at this level.

It's not fine margins though because the shots are way off  target. Even Tonev hit a good one occasionally

Â