Nicolò Zaniolo

Delphinho123

11 hours ago, sharkyvilla said:

Just feels like he thinks he has to impress with every minute on the pitch.  He needs to calm down a bit, the goal will come eventually to settle him down.

Not sure it will.  He runs like a giraffe with the ball.  Don’t know if that fixable 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, HeyAnty said:

Not sure it will.  He runs like a giraffe with the ball.  Don’t know if that fixable 

Tbf so did Cruyff.

I'm not comparing Zani's skill to that of Cruyff, but he did run like a started Giraffe (and then beat 4 defenders).

2 minutes ago, HKP90 said:

Tbf so did Cruyff.

I'm not comparing Zani's skill to that of Cruyff, but he did run like a started Giraffe (and then beat 4 defenders).

In fairness he might be more affective against better sides.  Ie they wont have 11 men in their own half like forrest and thus be more space

I'm all for giving him time but at the top level there is an argument that you don't really get time...

When Ramsey is back he'll be straight back in on that left side and Villa will be stronger for it.

I'm certain if a fit Jacob Ramsey had started and played instead of Zaniolo he'd have scored a few goals already.

It's not criticism it is just the facts, Zaniolo has been wasteful.

2 hours ago, bannedfromHandV said:

The more I see of him the less convinced I am of his ability to play a key role for us.

Sorry, you were expecting a loan signing from Turkey to play a key role for us??

Maybe we should view the signing as an opportunity for us to see if the Italian prodigy pre injuries still has something to offer.

He clearly has talent and the physical attributes to contribute in this league. He's not there yet and he needs some time to develop into an Emery player. But there's been flashes here and there of what he can do. A little more consistency and some better decision making and he'll be some player. A excellent option in this squad. And if we want to challenge for trophies we need playing options.

• Like 4

Villa fans need a object of criticism, seems like with Pau providing little ammunition for them the attention has now switched to Zaniolo.

Give the guy a chance? He needs a bit of time, there is an excellent player in there, however I fully expect Ramsey to rain his staring place but it would be great to have players of his potential in the squad.

Edited by thunderball
  • Like 2

29 minutes ago, thunderball said:

Villa fans need a object of criticism, seems like with Pau providing little ammunition for them the attention has now switched to Zaniolo.

Give the guy a chance? He needs a bit of time, there is an excellent player in there, however I fully expect Ramsey to rain his staring place but it would be great to have players of his potential in the squad.

Let me guess, he’s a scapegoat, yeh?

4 hours ago, jimmygreaves said:

Sorry, you were expecting a loan signing from Turkey to play a key role for us??

Maybe we should view the signing as an opportunity for us to see if the Italian prodigy pre injuries still has something to offer.

He clearly has talent and the physical attributes to contribute in this league. He's not there yet and he needs some time to develop into an Emery player. But there's been flashes here and there of what he can do. A little more consistency and some better decision making and he'll be some player. A excellent option in this squad. And if we want to challenge for trophies we need playing options.

I expect any player we sign to play a key role for us, what’s the point in signing them otherwise?!

• Like 1

To my mind he is trying to hard to impress, with a season long lone and an option to buy he is under pressure to make an impact as soon as possible, where as if he had been transfered with a 3 or 4 year contract the pressure is off to a certain degree knowing there is time to make an impact. not many players settle straight into a new team in a different country. Hell i remember Ken Mcnaughts first season with us awful and that was only moving 70 miles 🙂. I think he needs time and should be judged at the end of the season. Emery seems to see something after all

When we signed him couldn't help thinking about Carbone who is a legend in many people's minds including myself because of Leeds hat trick. Completely forgot he played bugger all games for us before leaving. Zaniolo must be fast approaching as many appearances and what did Carbone do bar that Leeds game?

13 hours ago, bannedfromHandV said:

I expect any player we sign to play a key role for us, what’s the point in signing them otherwise?!

I’m willing to give him time.  Bailey was shit last season but this season is being highly productive.  Like last season Bailey, I can see few flashes of quality in Zaniolo at the moment without end product and wonder if he can do it consistently, but with patience and time Bailey is now starting to produce…maybe similar time for Zaniolo may produce the same.

26 minutes ago, nick76 said:

I’m willing to give him time.  Bailey was shit last season but this season is being highly productive.  Like last season Bailey, I can see few flashes of quality in Zaniolo at the moment without end product and wonder if he can do it consistently, but with patience and time Bailey is now starting to produce…maybe similar time for Zaniolo may produce the same.

There’s plenty of time for him to come good, I get the comparison with Bailey but at least with Bailey he showed what he could be capable of quickly - was it his debut when he came on against Everton and smashed in the third goal? So we saw end product with Bailey, we knew it was there. 
Zaniolo hasn’t had that, he hasn’t scored or assisted yet (I think), he’s been unlucky once or twice with shots hitting the goal frame but he’s also missed a few he should have done much better with.

He seems to slow down our attacks, he isn’t picking the right passes and gets dispossessed too often, add to that he’s greedy in and around goal.

• Like 1

Â