Nicolò Zaniolo

Delphinho123

1 minute ago, jimmygreaves said:

When I go to the cinema I generally get popcorn.... I'm pretty sure I'm not addicted to Butterkist.

Presumably you wouldn't say you "couldn't go" to the cinema without popcorn.  I'm fairly sure you'd be able to.

On 18/10/2023 at 12:25, Teale's 'tache said:

I'm not sure it's that easy, he may have been using other people's accounts to place bets (like his mothers possibly), or he may have multiple accounts in different names, or multiple devices others have access to who could have placed the bets, then you have VPNs that could mask where the bet was placed etc. The authorities have to request the data for all of this, and dodgy sites likely won't keep complete data, and then join up enough dots along with his financials to prove beyond doubt he placed a particular bet at a particular time on an account that is specifically his. 

I've no idea if he did or didn't do any of these things, as someone mentioned above, either he knows he's innocent or he's banking on the authorities not being able to prove beyond doubt he's done anything wrong.

I'm surprised he had time for football, if thats the case.

35 minutes ago, jimmygreaves said:

When I go to the cinema I generally get popcorn.... I'm pretty sure I'm not addicted to Butterkist.

not even a fetish?😀

......If you get a popcorn, I suggest you are watching the wrong films.

Edited by TRO
  • Haha 1

On 18/10/2023 at 13:52, chrisvilla4 said:

Not sure why I read this part in an Italian accent.

I had the occasional dream in Italian when I lived there. It was usually driving around narrow Italian alpine village streets, which can at times be terrifying and exillerating at the same time! Depending on the driver 😂😎😎

1 hour ago, villa82 said:

https://www.avfc.co.uk/news/2023/october/20/Nicolo-zaniolo-update/

Aston Villa can confirm Nicolò Zaniolo is assisting the Italian Football Federation (FIGC) and the relevant authorities’ investigation into alleged illegal betting activity. The player has also met with senior officials at the club. 

Zaniolo is training as normal with the first-team squad and available for selection ahead of this weekend’s match with West Ham United.

No further comment will be made by the Club during this ongoing process.

I do hope he gets the full all clear (or lesser offence of unknowingly using an illegal gambling site).

I would assume if the club are letting him train they've been told by him that he's in one of those two buckets.

Newcastle on the other hand, aware Tonali's getting a ban, and continuing to declare him available makes me think we might not care and just protecting ourselves until we're informed otherwise. 

I guess the difference is he's already their player so they're looking after the investment and not breaching any rules in doing so.

I'd be kinda disappointed if villa went down that route given he's only on loan.

Edited by MrBlack

5 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

Whenever a footballer gets done for gambling it is addiction, they can't just be bored young kids?

In my younger days I couldn't go a Saturday or Sunday or watch any game on TV without putting a bet on. I wasn't addicted I just enjoyed it.

If you truly couldn't go without it then that's an addiction. 

58 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Good news. Really can’t afford to lose anymore players.

I hope it is good news but I’m not counting my chips just yet

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, bobzy said:

If you "couldn't go" without doing it, that's literally an addiction.

Haha yep

But I do get the point though, the cynic in me sees a guilty guy claiming he's not really guilty it's not in his control and he's seeking help... I'm sure a reduced punishment due to sympathy would help with his treatment... He's played a card IMO and I don't believe him

1 minute ago, villa4europe said:

Haha yep

But I do get the point though, the cynic in me sees a guilty guy claiming he's not really guilty it's not in his control and he's seeking help... I'm sure a reduced punishment due to sympathy would help with his treatment... He's played a card IMO and I don't believe him

They could tell from betting pattern to be honest.

5 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

Whenever a footballer gets done for gambling it is addiction, they can't just be bored young kids?

In my younger days I couldn't go a Saturday or Sunday or watch any game on TV without putting a bet on. I wasn't addicted I just enjoyed it.

Oh, absolutely. I'm getting OT here! Only a tiny minority of the population-- usually cited at 2 to 6 %, when I've looked? -- are thought to have gambling addiction. And having a problem isn't necessarily full-fledged addiction, too. 

Would a lawyer or agent dare to suggest addiction to help gain sympathy for their clients facing big penalties? We all know that answer.

Yet, still, I think it's real. I've seen people who suffered from it, and it's tragic and incredibly destructive. I met a lot of these people in the UK, but you also see them in to US. Where I live, it hits stay-at-home parents sometimes, I''ve heard a lot.

Edited by Marka Ragnos

16 minutes ago, Marka Ragnos said:

Oh, absolutely. I'm getting OT here! Only a tiny minority of the population-- usually cited at 2 to 6 %, when I've looked? -- are thought to have gambling addiction. And having a problem isn't necessarily full-fledged addiction, too. 

Would a lawyer or agent dare to suggest addiction to help gain sympathy for their clients facing big penalties? We all know that answer.

Yet, still, I think it's real. I've seen people who suffered from it, and it's tragic and incredibly destructive. I met a lot of these people in the UK, but you also see them in to US. Where I live, it hits stay-at-home parents sometimes, I''ve heard a lot.

If 1 in 20 people in the country are addicted to gambling (or are even gambling at a level they can't afford) then I'd say that is a pretty damn serious problem.  Given that cigarette advertising is no longer permitted - I am always stunned at just how many gambling site adverts there are on TV (especially during sports coverage) - not to mention the adverts around the ground / kits / etc.  There's a big difference between sticking 50p per week on the Pools (showing my age now) and being bombarded with all kinds of offers / types of betting that can quickly escalate into causing serious problems.  It definitely feels like there is considerable effort to make anyone watching sport think that they should be betting on the match to improve their "enjoyment" of it.  Obviously sport and betting have been linked since pretty much forever - I mean how many people watch horse racing without having a bet on the outcome?  But it does seem like you are constantly being bombarded with more and more ways to "win" (when we all know that really they are more ways to lose).

• Like 2

3 hours ago, allani said:

If 1 in 20 people in the country are addicted to gambling (or are even gambling at a level they can't afford) then I'd say that is a pretty damn serious problem.  Given that cigarette advertising is no longer permitted - I am always stunned at just how many gambling site adverts there are on TV (especially during sports coverage) - not to mention the adverts around the ground / kits / etc.  There's a big difference between sticking 50p per week on the Pools (showing my age now) and being bombarded with all kinds of offers / types of betting that can quickly escalate into causing serious problems.  It definitely feels like there is considerable effort to make anyone watching sport think that they should be betting on the match to improve their "enjoyment" of it.  Obviously sport and betting have been linked since pretty much forever - I mean how many people watch horse racing without having a bet on the outcome?  But it does seem like you are constantly being bombarded with more and more ways to "win" (when we all know that really they are more ways to lose).

I personally think it brings a lot of revenue to the government so they don’t care.   Anyway back on topic. I think he will get a fine. 

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

4 hours ago, TRO said:

not even a fetish?😀

......If you get a popcorn, I suggest you are watching the wrong films.

If anyone goes to the cinema when the pubs are open, they’re seriously missusing their leisure time!

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, allani said:

Its just yet another source of seducing in modern society. The advent of slick phones and sophisticated gambling based websites make it so easy, for certain owning families to be laughing all the way to the bank.

Its a sad indictment to the Neo-form of brainwashing, we have to tackle in this modern day....from many angles.

I feel desperately, desperately, sorry for anyone with gambling problems.

• Like 4

Â