Nicolò Zaniolo

Delphinho123

On 18/10/2023 at 12:21, Zatman said:

Probably scraping his coins for them Paddy Power machines

Years ago when I was meeting my Dad at the Yenton (Villa pub on the Wylde Green/Erdington border in North Brum) I went to put a bet on one of the Sunday games at the Corals opposite. Walked in and Barry Bannan was playing on the FOTB machine.

This was about 2011 so when he was breaking through into our team. So he was doing nothing wrong by the laws in football but it's just endless free time for bored young men and I doubt that will ever change especially if you grow up in a culture where one parent has gambled significantly.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Marka Ragnos said:

Yes, there’s that side of it, as a Villa fan, yes. And also, in terms of the integrity of the game.

But as a human being, if he has a gambling addiction, I do feel kinda sorry for him. I hope he gets the help he needs. There’s also the irony of the game being so completely intertwine with the gambling industry, and everyone literally has it in their face every moment we’re looking at most premier league matches. It’s amazing. It doesn’t happen more often.

Yeah it's quite shit that they take such a hardline on this thing yet shove gambling in everyone's faces with advertising 24/7. 

• Like 1

Have to be wary about the Tonali addiction claims, maybe he does maybe he dosen't, either way his lawyer will be telling him to use it as mitigation/sympathy. Would be silly not to. Fwiw, i think zaniolo only played online games rather than football betting, just a hunch i have

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Villatillidie95 said:

Have to be wary about the Tonali addiction claims, maybe he does maybe he dosen't, either way his lawyer will be telling him to use it as mitigation/sympathy. Would be silly not to. Fwiw, i think zaniolo only played online games rather than football betting, just a hunch i have

If you are millions in debt you have a betting problem. 

Fagiolo was crying after making a mistake for Juve because he was worried about not getting a new contract quickly and drowning in his debt. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

If you are millions in debt you have a betting problem. 

Fagiolo was crying after making a mistake for Juve because he was worried about not getting a new contract quickly and drowning in his debt. 

Tonali claimed he has no debt and no threats. dont know about Fagioli but im talking about tonali

5 hours ago, Villatillidie95 said:

I don’t disagree at all, one needs to be careful about making assumptions, but I think it’s possible to feel concern about the issue of gambling addiction and the way football is in bed with gambling, and also recognize we may never know the real story with any individual player for many years.

It is pretty perverse. If players are hanging around in a barbershop all the time, sooner or later they’re going to get a haircut.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, romavillan said:

Not just an element, the scandal over here is young players with a gambling addiction. Then no discussion as to why that might be. **** ridiculous.

Whenever a footballer gets done for gambling it is addiction, they can't just be bored young kids?

In my younger days I couldn't go a Saturday or Sunday or watch any game on TV without putting a bet on. I wasn't addicted I just enjoyed it.

• Like 1

sounds like Tonali doesnt have a gambling problem rather than a got-caught-gambling problem. If its not influencing or getting influenced by games he is not involved in, and he feels he can afford it, then he should be allowed to do what he wants with his money - especially when you consider that the sport is all consumed with a background culture of gambling

However I fully expect that he will be advised to follow the Hollywood blueprint whereby individuals admit to having a "sex addiction" (who doesnt? 🤣) once they get caught. 

He may plead addiction - seek help - and get away with a lighter punishment. 

Edited by TheMelvillan
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

Whenever a footballer gets done for gambling it is addiction, they can't just be bored young kids?

In my younger days I couldn't go a Saturday or Sunday or watch any game on TV without putting a bet on. I wasn't addicted I just enjoyed it.

If you "couldn't go" without doing it, that's literally an addiction.

• Like 1

Â