Nicolò Zaniolo

Delphinho123

8 hours ago, romavillan said:

He's rapid and he's one of those weirdos who seem to go faster with the ball

I said it a few weeks back also but I think its his running style and size that when you watch him you dont think he is fast

• Like 1

Unpopular opinion but can't say I'm a fan from what I've seen so far.

His decision making is painful to watch. Appreciate the effort levels but I need to see much more from him.

• Like 1

He's a second behind the action at the moment, that will sharpen.

He's also playing on the wrong side, he is either going to have to learn this new position more to stay in the team or play less and play in his preferred position.

I would like to see him on the right or as the second striker however unless mcginn is moved or diaby is moved, that won't happen often.

At the moment, I appreciate he hasn't put in any top performances but no preseason, new country and club and out of position, he's just one of those players you want to see hit their top levels on a regular basis because we've all seen his highlights which are very good.

It will happen 

17 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

Yeah, I'm 50/50 on him at the moment. His lack of vision is really frustrating, at least going on what he's shown so far.

Some lovely touches and tekkers on the positive side though.

And a Hitzlsperger-esque shot on him. 

• Like 1

As long as he gets more PL minutes, I dont think it right or fair to judge him until at least the 2nd half of the season. He has only played in Serie A and Süper Lig. I really don't undertsand why we are so quick to juge players when they are adapting to playing in the PL for the first time especially when their careers have been predominantly in leagues with a slower tempo and/or quality. Lets give the guy a chance. 

The ability and and skill is clealry there and things like decison making, sharpness etc will significantly improve as he progresses. As ever, patience is the key.

1 minute ago, eholm said:

As long as he gets more PL minutes, I dont think it right or fair to judge him until at least the 2nd half of the season. He has only played in Serie A and Süper Lig. I really don't undertsand why we are so quick to juge players when they are adapting to playing in the PL for the first time especially when their careers have been predominantly in leagues with a slower tempo and/or quality. Lets give the guy a chance. 

The ability and and skill is clealry there and things like decison making, sharpness etc will significantly improve as he progresses. As ever, patience is the key.

He was known for having poor decision making even in Serie A though. I do agree it's too early to judge still, especially when you're being coached by Unai.

Edited by Tom13
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

He was known for having poor decision making even in Serie A though. I do agree it's too early to judge still, especially when you're being coached by Unai.

Agree to an extent, however, I think this is being exacerbated by the incresed speed in the PL and so he has even less time to make those decisions.

16 minutes ago, Mister_a said:

It seems like his brain is trying to do things his feet can't accomplish at times, hopefully his feet will catch up lol.

I think he will settle down once he starts to get a few goals, i think he's going to be great.

It's probably a case of simplifying his play a bit. Seems he's trying a little too hard to make things happen. Generally he's been decent but I think if he employs a more measured approach he'll be even better. He'll be scoring soon in any case!

• Like 1

When Ramsey is back he can become the rotation option for Diaby on the right. As it stands we've had our hand forced by injuries.

Can Diaby play on the left?  Not sure where it leaves Bailey either, but if we want him to shine we need to play him on the right. 

If we don't need him there, it's not worth making the signing permanent. 

He's raw, it's a bit frantic at the moment. It seems to me that adjusting to this league is going to take a while but if he does, there's a hell of a player in there.
He's intriguing. I don't know whether it will work out or not but I get the impression its going to be fun finding out.

• Like 1

I like him and I think his presence is a threat to the opposition.

I see the shortfalls, many see.....but I think he will improve with games.

There is no obligation, so I don't see a problem, unless Galatasaray want too much for him.

I also think he brings diversity, to the team, in the context of Stature.

I do see all the elements of required improvement....but it doesn't stop me, liking him around the team.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Mazrim said:

He's raw, it's a bit frantic at the moment. It seems to me that adjusting to this league is going to take a while but if he does, there's a hell of a player in there.
He's intriguing. I don't know whether it will work out or not but I get the impression its going to be fun finding out.

good post...sums up my sentiments.

Â