Nicolò Zaniolo

Delphinho123

9 hours ago, DCJonah said:

What? 

He didn't have a bad game at all. He was decent. 

The most important thing bar none for an attacking player is your decision making.

I hardly saw a worse decision maker yesterday.

Zaniola needs to learn how to look up when he gets into good positions.

He has ability but he needs to be aware of his surroundings.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Pinebro said:

The most important thing bar none for an attacking player is your decision making.

I think the first 10 minutes he struggled with that, but still looked fast and direct. I thought he then settled into the game well. If cash hasn't scuffed his shot he's created a goal out of nothing with his pace, skill and awareness. 

25 minutes ago, Pinebro said:

Couldn't disagree more

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Risso said:

I thought he was decent today, and starting him and then bringing Bailey on looked like the right call to me. Zaniolo looks to have much better physicality than Bailey so will be used more away I think, but then Bailey came on and made a difference with his pace and directness, so all good.

Yeah, Zaniolo seems to give us a solution to the Bailey conundrum. 

Personally, I like him.  There's a lot of promise there.

3 hours ago, DCJonah said:

I think the first 10 minutes he struggled with that, but still looked fast and direct. I thought he then settled into the game well. If cash hasn't scuffed his shot he's created a goal out of nothing with his pace, skill and awareness. 

Yeah that was great and would've been a brilliant assist. Other times he lost the ball cheaply trying to dribble through 2-3 Palace players. Also tried to backheel constantly yo Digne on the overlap and lost it a few times so he's a work in progress which is to be expected.

One thing that did surprise me watching him live is how tall he is. I was expecting diminutive Italian playmaker like Zola or Carbone so he should get better at holding off players with his stature. 

18 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Aye but he’s forren right? 

He is.

I’m not sure what you’re at with your spelling of “forren”, but I think it’s harder for a person to move countries on top of changing employers. There are exceptions but foreign (“forren?”) players will generally need a bit more time and patience to settle in.

2 hours ago, TheMelvillan said:

Absolutely this. Think I counted 4 different version of his name. Was infuriating. It's not even that difficult!

Zanilo

Zanoli

Zanolio

Zanlio

Meanwhile the other commentator said it correctly the whole game and that still didn't help him, you do have to wonder how these people have survived as adults after a while.

• Haha 1

Â