Nicolò Zaniolo

Delphinho123

All big transfers should be a loan with option to buy - player having to bust a gut and prove themselves before the club commits to a huge investment. Eliminates losing millions if a player cant acclimatise to new club/ country/ manager / teammates or whatever.

Big fan of this move and sure if it doesnt work out and we send him back someone will post that gif of the dude being chucked out the front door which never fails to make me laugh

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Absolutely we're getting him for far less than possible if he was fully fit with no underlying conditions.

I think it's likely Nicooo will be a smash hit or he'll be in and out constantly injured - this won't be an 'OK' transfer at many points.

I'm not sure I agree with the top bit.  I don't think that there's anything to suggest that his knees will continue to be an issue - he's not missed any matches since his return due to any flare ups with his ACLs.  From reading the article in the Corriere dello Sport the implication is that we've examined his knees pretty thoroughly and so (you'd imagine!) that we must be pretty confident that there is nothing there that causes us undue concern.

However, I do agree with your second point - for me this won't be an "OK" signing.  Either it won't work or @romavillan and I will be spending the next 5 seasons (hopefully more) telling you guys that we told you Zaniolo could / would be THIS good. 😉🙂

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Seems like the perfect time to sign him.  New Italy manager and Euros next summer, he'll want to impress and show he can do it in the PL.  Could be getting a real gem if he stays fit.

He was already in Mancini's plans - but absolutely he will be wanting to get back to being a key part of Italy's attack.  Him and Chiesa could be critical to Italy's hopes whilst they continue to search for a genuine international striker.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, est1874 said:

Gregory clearly with the pistol planted in Unsworth's back there. Doug pretending not to see it.

"Just smile for the camera David. Just keep on smiling."

He was never the same after being stabbed in the back by Dwight…

5 minutes ago, DeadlyDirk said:

I can't believe he hasn't signed yet! The whole thing must be off.... I'm getting Emmanuel Adebayor vibes here..... SIGN SIGN SIGN

Can't cope.

giphy.gif?cid=6c09b952nv6irf5p1e8rc00oqi

Edited by villan95
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, wishywashy said:

Tweet in 5 minutes time: Nicoló Zaniolo has put the pen down used to sign the contract. 🟣🔵

Tweet in 10 minutes time: Nicoló Zaniolo has shaken the hand of Aston Villa's club secretary 🟣🔵

Tweet in 15 minutes time: Nicoló Zaniolo has walked to the Bodymoor Heath bathrooms. Here we go! 🟣🔵

Tweet in 30 minutes time: Big twist! Aston Villa have just discovered Zaniolo has previous injury history and may withdraw from the deal 🟣🔵

😉

• Haha 1

Just now, villan95 said:

Tweet in 30 minutes time: Big twist! Aston Villa have just discovered Zaniolo has previous injury history and may withdraw from the deal 🟣🔵

😉

45 mins: Zaniolo pulls off a mask, to reveal that he was Old Man Johnson, the Janitor this whole time. And he would have got away with it if it wasn't for these pesky meddling journalists. 

• Haha 2

Â