Nicolò Zaniolo

Delphinho123

5 minutes ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

Football Twitter is mostly 12 year old boys posting about various clubs "cookin".

And African fans that cannot acknowledge any other clubs existence other than Chelsea, Utd, City Arsenal. 

• Like 1

Just now, The_Steve said:

Nope. The Buendia stuff came from a person called Benji first. Just checked the page. 

I like you. 

6 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

I don’t really have time right now to substantiate and certify all the rumours. Let’s just wait for the club to say either way. 

You were doing such a good job though. 

I wholly agree though. Let’s just wait and see!! I imagine it’s all fine. I sure Romano would be all over it if it were true as he’s tweeted twice an hour for a week on the deal. 

19 minutes ago, brummybloke said:

Romano states 2nd ( main) part of medical is this morning and signing this afternoon.

Presume a more indepth medical was required ? 

Good to hear we're being thorough I guess.

Five/six years ago all that was required was being able to beat Dr Tony in an arm wrestle.

Edited by Tom13
  • Haha 3

Just now, villan-scott said:

I like you. 

You were doing such a good job though. 

I wholly agree though. Let’s just wait and see!! I imagine it’s all fine. I sure Romano would be all over it if it were true as he’s tweeted twice an hour for a week on the deal. 

I’m heading into a meeting and I don’t think I can get away with sifting through Facebook on my phone. 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

Good to hear we're being thorough I guess.

Four years ago all was required was being able to beat Dr Tony in an arm wrestle.

So that's why Joe Bryan U-turned at the last second and went to Fulham. 

• Haha 3

26 minutes ago, NeilS said:

I have never signed up for Twitter but I get the impression it is the modern equivalent of a group of gossiping grannies all tittle tattling about what they have hear Marjorie down the road has been up to on her holidays. 😂

Nah Twitter is the modern version of a bloke down the pub told me

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, GREAT_BEARD_OF_ZEUS said:

Ominous news from the trees… looks like they’ve said to hang on in case they need to fly him back.

798FEF8A-8EDA-4E30-A646-87E29B56B60E.jpeg

Why would any transport leave when the person involved hasn't completed their business? 

1st part of medical was yesterday and 2nd part today - makes no sense for the plane to leave before the medical is completely finished. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, PeterSw said:

Why would any transport leave when the person involved hasn't completed their business? 

1st part of medical was yesterday and 2nd part today - makes no sense for the plane to leave before the medical is completely finished. 

I would argue opposite.

These are chartered planes. The company likely has many around the world and will move them as and when they get a request to book a private flight.

It also costs money to keep a plane on the ground. I would think Birmingham is expensive. 

• Like 1

No player truly fails a medical… a club decides on whether they can:  

A) afford to wait X amount of time for them to recover. 

2) the likely hood of an injury reoccurring and taking that time into account against the length of their contract 

D) whether their ability to play now can be taken into account as part of the negotiations on a deal with the selling club.

If Zaniolo has ‘failed’ a medical, it’s not as if he is going to retire now. He will either play for Gala, or will go elsewhere later on. If Villa decide the circumstances aren’t right for what we need RIGTH NOW, then so be it. We need a replacement for Buendia. 

Of course it’s all rumours at the minute anyway,  so…

Edited by Tayls

Whenever I think of failed medicals I think of Fekir. Has had an amazing career from a stats perspective and looked the real deal but whenever he gets close to his one big move there's a very public failure of the medical. Always wondered what they're uncovering after checking his pulse that wasn't known from watching him play most matches for his club over 10 years. 

Â