Nicolò Zaniolo

Delphinho123

4 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Feels like there is no story without another team ready in the background to offer more - there has to be drama to get those clicks

For the links to get to this stage it tells me usually that we know the player wants to sign for us, we've prob even floated personal terms that work now.

Now it's time for the selling club to try and ramp up the price and for the gutter press to make up b*llocks.

Edited by VillanousOne
tits

43 minutes ago, allani said:

I'd take issue with the "incredibly fragile" part.  He's a big, strong lad who can really bully defenders.  He does get fouled a lot (like Jack levels of lot) though and so will probably pick up the odd knock as a result. 

I don't know whether your family members are in Italy or the UK (i.e. whether their Villa dig is based on a UK thing) - but Juve and AC Milan have (according to the Italian press) been interested in Zaniolo and so I can imagine exactly why they'd be annoyed that we seem to be progressing this.

The more I think about this transfer, the more I think it's worth a punt.  I suspect it will take a few weeks for him to settle into English football but I do think he's probably quite suited to the Premier League.  I also think that we are the kind of club that he'll thrive in - I think there's a really good team spirit, after the embarassment of JPA's experiences - we now seem to have a reputation for being one the best run clubs in terms of off-field support for our players and he'll be perfect for our build from the back to suck in the opposition and then look to quickly release our attackers style of play.  Maybe @Jas10's excitement from my write-up yesterday has now rubbed off on me.

Also - I do think that this is the kind of signing that other (younger) Italian players will look at with interest.  Zaniolo is definitely aiming to break back into Italy's starting XI and if he does so because of his form with us then he could well attract other players to follow him.  Obviously there is a left-sided Italian attacking player that I would be massively keen on following him this summer.  I mean who wouldn't have a premature accident over an attack picked from Chiesa, Diaby, Ollie, Zaniolo and Ramsey.  Especially if we can revitalise Couts and Bailey into great options from the bench to keep everyone as fresh as possible through a long season.  (Actually I think we all know the answer to that question!)

Incredibly fragile as in injury prone. They’re uk based but been supporting them since the early 90’s and have been going 2/3 times a season to watch them play. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, CVByrne said:

Exactly, plus who is the absolute master of taking players who were better in the past and returning them to their best. Unai Emery improves players. Some players need the elite coaching and system to thrive. We are signing another player with European experience too

Very limited pool of players available who have already won the Europa Conference League as well, if he signs with us he'll be the only person to have won it twice. Take that, Rice. 

he offers us a physicality that we dont currently have in forward positions - tall and excellent upper body strength. personally much more excited about this transfer than, for instance,  the ferran torres rumour 

please note i havent actually compared the stats of the players mentioned above before anyone starts quoting how much they can bench press etc. Just from the eye test alone Zaniolo looks a beast

Edited by TheMelvillan
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, one_ian_taylor said:

Would this mean we might see more Bailey on the left at times?

I think with Moreno out if we play Pau at LB we need a winger on the left side. 

I think in our attack shape of 3 2 4 1 it's 

Bailey Diaby McGinn Cash behind Watkins

If we had Moreno or Digne in LB and Buendia fit we'd go

Moreno Buendia McGinn Diaby behind Watkins

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, skarroki said:

Very limited pool of players available who have already won the Europa Conference League as well, if he signs with us he'll be the only person to have won it twice. Take that, Rice. 

Scored the only goal in the final too 

Â