Christmas 2023

sidcow

We've got lots of Halloween tat in the shops, too. 

It will drive our three-year old granddaughter into a frenzy of excitement, as she's obsessed with Halloween - it's her favourite time of the year, even more than Christmas. 

• Like 1

To be fair with the cost of living crisis people should really start chipping away at it now

Unfortunately what that actually means is that I start buying stollen...

My wife's bought a couple of presents already, we've moved in to a new house this year so will probably start looking for new lights at some point this month, we're still in the stage of popping to DIY and big sell everything furniture places monthly, we'll be looking at Christmas lights and garden furniture in the sale at the same time

• 2 weeks later...

love christmas but i'm not wrapping shit this year. going to get one of these charity gift wrapping tents to do it for me...don't care if it costs me £50 for them to wrap the lot, it will be worth it. it's the only thing i dislike about xmas

• Like 1
  • Shocked 1

26 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

love christmas but i'm not wrapping shit this year. going to get one of these charity gift wrapping tents to do it for me...don't care if it costs me £50 for them to wrap the lot, it will be worth it. it's the only thing i dislike about xmas

I do it Xmas eve while watching the muppets, wouldn't say I enjoy it but the film sees me through

45 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

I bought my first Xmas present yesterday

The little wooden trains with the magnets on the front, pack of 3 for €3 in lidl

I cannot emphasise how important a toy this is. My lad spent hour upon hour playing with his wooden trains. By a long distance the most used toy. 

I got a question to the parents out there - do your kids still believe in father xmas? I mean back in my day we had no internet so we believed for a while.  But now with kids having access to smart phones and internet at younger ages i assume they know about him at a earlier age?