Christmas 2023

sidcow

• 2 weeks later...

Turkey crown sorted.

Sausage meat and garlic stuffing made and frozen.

Honeyed parsnips made and frozen.

Wine done.

All prezzies purchased bar a couple of Amazon items for the wife.

Piece of piss this Christmas lark.

• Haha 1
  • Shocked 1

10 minutes ago, sidcow said:

German Market opens tomorrow. 

Can't believe we're this close to Xmas. Although i'm sure it never used to open this early?

3 minutes ago, Xela said:

Can't believe we're this close to Xmas. Although i'm sure it never used to open this early?

Think it's been early November the last few years, looking on that there Google it was 3rd November last year. 

I for one can't wait to stand in the freezing cold rain, drinking obscenely expensive shit German lager looking at endless repeats of the same 4 stalls stretching off into the distance. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

19 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

Some people will have an aneurysm but M&S have just ran their Christmas and on Channel 4. Good ad, Halloween is done so only right to move on to Christmas. 

Here we have the Thanksgiving buffer.

The neighbors will be tearing their Halloween decorations down to put the blow up turkeys out. 
Christmas is something of a 2nd place holiday to Thanksgiving here

Edited by TheAuthority
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, TheAuthority said:

Here we have the Thanksgiving buffer.

The neighbors* will be tearing their Halloween decorations down to put the blow up turkeys out. 
Christmas is something of a 2nd place holiday to Thanksgiving here

* neighbours 

get-your-head-right-focus.gif

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

My stepdaughter used to work in Boots and loved xmas eve when all the blokes used to come in desperate to get a pressie for their wives, having left it to the very last minute.

She always used to recommended the most expensive gift sets or perfume, needless to say they took her advice.

I suspect most of it was returned Boxing Day by the wives to change it for something more appropriate.....

• Like 1

10 hours ago, delboy54 said:

My stepdaughter used to work in Boots and loved xmas eve when all the blokes used to come in desperate to get a pressie for their wives, having left it to the very last minute.

She always used to recommended the most expensive gift sets or perfume, needless to say they took her advice.

I suspect most of it was returned Boxing Day by the wives to change it for something more appropriate.....

Me and the wife, nowadays: 

"Is there anything you particularly want for Christmas?" 

"Nah"

"Nah, nor me". 

Sorted.