Penalties…

Spoony

I think Watkins will still take them. Strikers need goals and he has only taken 5 in the PL in total so far. I think he'll be given the chance to take them.

For me though Coutinho hasn't missed a pen so would be top of list for me if on the pitch. Tielemans would be 2nd

35 minutes ago, StanBalaban said:

I'm kind of glad we missed two penalities in pre season. It won't have gone unnoticed by Unai and the coaching team, so we can be sure he'll do everything to ensure the ones awarded to us in the season are scored.

Yeah I thought similar. Also some of the mistakes that led to goals. Better they happen in pre season and you can be sure Unai is analysing everything to iron out the details.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, villan95 said:

Yeah I thought similar. Also some of the mistakes that led to goals. Better they happen in pre season and you can be sure Unai is analysing everything to iron out the details.

One of the things that pre-season is for is the opportunity to find the flaws in our game.

We experimented with set pieces yesterday, not all of which came off. We've missed two penalties, but have scored plenty of goals. 

Compared to last year, this pre-season will have taught Unai a lot. It also helps that Unai can interpret what he's seeing, unlike the previous fraud.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, StanBalaban said:

One of the things that pre-season is for is the opportunity to find the flaws in our game.

We experimented with set pieces yesterday, not all of which came off. We've missed two penalties, but have scored plenty of goals. 

Compared to last year, this pre-season will have taught Unai a lot. It also helps that Unai can interpret what he's seeing, unlike the previous fraud.

It's so reassuring to know that everything is constantly being analysed and worked on as Unai seeks perfection. To actually feel prepared going into matches and have a plan.

Anyway back on topic and I'd prefer if Watkins didn't take the pens anymore but I'm sure Unai will sort it one way or another.

30 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

And who else can 🤪

Only youri looks like a competent pen taker

And Leicester fans berated him for missing one against Everton which would have made the game safe in a must win game which ended 2-2

We were awarded 4 penalties last season. Watkins took 2 scored 1. Leicester were awarded 6. Tielemans took 2 scored 1. I agree good penalty scorer is important but 4 penalties over a season is small change albeit could be difference between win or draw over loss or draw

Â