Penalties…

Spoony

Youri is 16/19 lifetime but only 5/6 in the prem (Maddison and Vardy I'm sure took most of them) so that's a pretty good conversion rate.

Outside of Youri and Watkins - in club games - Diaby is 0/2.  Buendia is 1/1. Bailenyand McGinn have taken none.

Ollie is 4/9.

I think it'd have to be Youri.

Edited by DJBOB
  • Like 3

Tielemans.

Has taken them throughout his career to a good standard, has sweet ball control, can absolutely slap the ball around and plays the game with a cool head. That's what you want with a penalty taker - someone who can reliably place the ball with power and keep an even keel.

Watkins can't be taking them. Everything that's bad about Watkins is exposed by penalties, he's not a finisher and he's not composed, as a result he's shocking at them. You can't afford to chuck away penalties.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, DJBOB said:

Youri is 16/19 lifetime but only 5/6 in the prem (Maddison and Vardy I'm sure took most of them) so that's a pretty good conversion rate.

Outside of Youri and Watkins - in club games - Diaby is 0/2.  Buendia is 1/1. Bailenyand McGinn have taken none.

Ollie is 4/9.

I think it'd have to be Youri.

Transfermarkt has Youri as scoring 24 and missing 5?

1 hour ago, Tomaszk said:

If transfermarkt is accurate Ollie is 4-6 in his career now.

40% conversion from penalties! Unacceptable. They must be taken off him.

That’s awful.  Really needs to be 80% minimum, ideally 90% to be on par with the top penalty takers.

Just now, ender4 said:

That’s awful.  Really needs to be 80% minimum, ideally 90% to be on par with the top penalty takers.

I think a pen is worth something like 0.75 xG. So you should be above 75% really if you're a "good" taker yeah.

Emery will have Ollie practicing penalties for the rest of the season.  No striker should have issues of placing in the corner.   Stick Emi in goal and practice practise practise.

I think the problem is even if you're good at them on the training pitch you can't replicate the tension of an important match, like the one towards the end of last season at Anfield. And it's not even like that one was saved, he missed the goal. I love Ollie but he's not a penalty taker.

• Like 1

In order depending if they’re on the pitch or not

1. Coutinho

2. Tielemans

3. Luiz

4. Ramsay

5. McGinn

6. Buendia

7. Bailey

8. Diaby

9. Digne

10. Moreno

25. Olsen

26. Just give the ball back to them and spare Watkins blushes

27. Watkins

• Like 1

I'm kind of glad we missed two penalities in pre season. It won't have gone unnoticed by Unai and the coaching team, so we can be sure he'll do everything to ensure the ones awarded to us in the season are scored.

• Like 2

Â