Penalties…

Spoony

• 2 weeks later...
37 minutes ago, StewieGriffin said:

Luiz and McGinn were taking them in the warm up apparently 

Yeah I heard on commentary they were the 2 that had been practicing them most and it would probably come down to who fancied it. Dougie was as cool as expected though and would expect him to stay on them now.

On 08/08/2023 at 16:45, villan95 said:

Interesting, so for 5 years in the PL every penalty that was top corner went in 🤔

This doesn't factor in the increased risk of outright missing though. And if you don't get enough lift it's perfect height for the keeper to save. 

Watching highlights just now and seeing the joyous look in Ollie's face as he celebrates with Douglas... perhaps a look partly from relief: 'phew! My penalty replacement has scored his first penalty, I can stay off penalty duties!' 😛 

• Like 1

So Ollie's penalty record with us from the five he's taken is scored three, missed two. I know  that's not ideal but it could have been worse. :s Great penalty from Douglas today, perfect start, but there's a lot of pressure on him... in order to be better than Ollie he can't miss more than one of the next four. Not so easy. We'll see...

35 minutes ago, robby b said:

Watching highlights just now and seeing the joyous look in Ollie's face as he celebrates with Douglas... perhaps a look partly from relief: 'phew! My penalty replacement has scored his first penalty, I can stay off penalty duties!' 😛 

He's like I got the assist points on fantasy. 

Â