DRAFT FPL 2023-'24

tomav84

@LancsVillan or @tomsky_11 i think you've organised these in the past? last year there were 2 leagues - myself and @a-k were 1st and 2nd in the VT2 league (and to be honest i think we were the only ones really playing from what i could see) - are you looking to run this again this season? quite keen to be part of VT1 this season as it wasn't much fun playing against just 1 other person!

happy to run it if you don't have time, just want to make sure the usual players are included!

1 hour ago, tomav84 said:

@LancsVillan or @tomsky_11 i think you've organised these in the past? last year there were 2 leagues - myself and @a-k were 1st and 2nd in the VT2 league (and to be honest i think we were the only ones really playing from what i could see) - are you looking to run this again this season? quite keen to be part of VT1 this season as it wasn't much fun playing against just 1 other person!

happy to run it if you don't have time, just want to make sure the usual players are included!

I literally stopped after week 2 i just did not have the time ill be ddopping out this year unfortunately 

I will try and join but I will be overseas in the Far East from next week until after GW1, so it might be difficult to join, especially with the time change

Edited by a-k

I wasn't planning on running/joining again as struggled enough to keep up with the non-draft game last season. Think I went from being top around December to bottom by end of season, so can see where I fell off of it.

If there's enough interest this year and you need me in for numbers I can give it a go again.

Did anyone get the final table from VT1? I'm not sure who else was at the bottom with me.

Edited by tomsky_11

I was in VT2 last year and was active all season, thank you very much. I believe I finished 3rd.

But an 8 team league where 4 managers don't really participate isn't much fun. 

Less than 2 weeks until kickoff and no movement on this suggests at best, another year of 8 team leagues where most people just don't even log in.

What's needed is one league of 10 committed players. 

But I'm not gonna try to start one after taking flack for attempting to last year. 😅 

Good luck

4 hours ago, maqroll said:

Less than 2 weeks until kickoff and no movement on this suggests at best, another year of 8 team leagues where most people just don't even log in.

What's needed is one league of 10 committed players. 

But I'm not gonna try to start one after taking flack for attempting to last year. 😅 

Good luck

i don't mind doing it. tagging the players from last season. please let me know by end of week if you're keen and preferred evening next week to have the draft if done around say 8pm. adding @bickster too as you showed interest

VT1:

@AndyM3000 @chappy @HanoiVillan @Rds1983 @Eak94 @Shomin Geki @tomsky_11 @LancsVillan

VT2 will be:

@maqroll @a-k @skarroki @Demitri_C @BennettVilla @Dodgyknees @tomav84 @sexbelowsound

• Like 3

I'm happy to do it and actually have an active interest in it too this time.

I won it a few years back and gone from that to being lower half of the 2nd Division :(

I like the suggestion of having a league of people showing an active interest. 

I have a few mates who enjoy the draft and we were planning on doing the draft Saturday afternoon, if it's VT people only that's fine but if there's people who are interested in just joining an active league, we could try to get a few people with interested friends too?

As someone who diligently updates his team every week, I want to join and second the idea that committed people is best, it's more fun that way. 

(Also I realise I didn't do a lap to celebrate winning last season, albeit I have to admit that drafting Haaland was a fairly massive advantage)

Kinda lost interest in FPL last season due to a few different reasons and leaning towards not doing the normal game for first time in year's.

Will let you know about this version ASAP.

Â