Moussa Diaby

Delphinho123

9 hours ago, tomav84 said:

rest both thursday please. no need to risk

Unfortunately, I don't think we can afford to take Thursday lightly after what happened with Legia. Maybe you can start Watkins/JJ/Zaniolo/McGinn as the front 4 to give Diaby a rest, but we might need him at some point, especially since JJ probably isn't up to 90 minutes yet. We're so much more dangerous with Diaby out there.

18 hours ago, Villaphan04 said:

Probably shows why we did a quick u turn on selling Digne late in the window. Dosen't really make sense to sell a mate while Diaby is settling in, we want a 50m player to be at their best mentally.

And with Moreno having an injury setback we'd be very thin at LB.

14 hours ago, TomC said:

Unfortunately, I don't think we can afford to take Thursday lightly after what happened with Legia. Maybe you can start Watkins/JJ/Zaniolo/McGinn as the front 4 to give Diaby a rest, but we might need him at some point, especially since JJ probably isn't up to 90 minutes yet. We're so much more dangerous with Diaby out there.

They were 3 nil down against AZ at half time in their first game and came back to win 4 3 . So there is plenty of character in their team.  

Watkins Duran

JJ Dougie Tielemans Zaniolo

Lenglet Torres Carlos Cash

Martinez 

50 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Already proven to be a superb signing for us, big player and big part of our future. Pretty much hit the ground running.

Yeah. Have we had any signing from abroad in the last 10 years or so that has consistently delivered such high quality performances right from the word go?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Probably shows why we did a quick u turn on selling Digne late in the window. Dosen't really make sense to sell a mate while Diaby is settling in, we want a 50m player to be at their best mentally.

And with Moreno having an injury setback we'd be very thin at LB.

To be fair to Lucas Digne, he has played well in Moreno's absence....and we need 2 players for  every position....its not his fault, his wages are high, if he negotiated high, bully for him.

I'm glad he wasn't sold.

Back to Moussa....He has really given us another dimension, and looks a genuine threat, inspired signing....seems to be happy with us too.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 3

On 30/09/2023 at 17:06, AVTuco said:

Moussa is my favorite player currently, but he can be better than he has been the last couple matches.

That's the beauty of it. He doesn't have to be.

28 minutes ago, TRO said:

To be fair to Lucas Digne, he has played well in Moreno's absence....and we need 2 players for  every position....its not his fault, his wages are high, if he negotiated high, bully for him.

I'm glad he wasn't sold.

If he keeps on playing like he has his wages will be forgotten!

• Like 2

Â