Moussa Diaby

Delphinho123

He was a bit disappointing tonight for me. Gave the ball away cheaply with some bad passing and I think he was the one who lost it trying to do a fancy flick which went didn’t come off.

Not his night tonight, but perhaps he was saving his energy for the weekend. Most of the players didn’t look like they were getting out of second gear, to be fair to him.

One thing that does concern me a bit is his shooting. Might just be me, but I’ve noticed he hits them hard, low and quite close to the keeper a lot of the time rather than placing them. I think most PL keepers would save those kind of shots nine times out of ten. Obviously his volley at the weekend was quality, though, so he has the ability. Perhaps it’s his decision-making that may need improving a bit.

Edited by Ginko

2 minutes ago, villabromsgrove said:

We won 5-0 and he frightened the life out of the Hib's defence. He doesn't have to score every game or be the best player on the pitch, if he occupies two or three defenders every time he's on the ball then he creates 'winning space'.

People critiquing players after 5-0 win is just bizarre

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

I thought we were generally quite poor and didn’t show a great deal of hustle.

Is this opinion not allowed because we won?

Just now, bobzy said:

A lot of people struggle to see winning ≠ playing well.

Goals ≠ playing well.

Playing well = playing well.

4 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Of course it's allowed. Just like we're allowed to say that you're opinion is absolutely insane because we won 5-0 in one of the easiest matches we've had in years.

I don't think quite a lot of players even got out of first gear (they didn't have to). You had the likes of Diaby and Duran going "screw it" and just aimlessly shooting from 30-40 yards out at some points.

Thought he played fine other than that, nothing much to say positively or negatively. The gameplan clearly revolved around our left-hand side with Digne's crossing anyway, so I don't think he was as involved: didn't really need to be tbh.

Edited by wishywashy

19 minutes ago, bobzy said:

You could instead say that we didn't need to put 100% effort in to win this game, as doing so would be a pointless risk. With respect to Hibs, we are several levels above them in quality. Why should we go all out?

I don't mind not playing well as long as we win. No team can play well all the time, the trick is to keep winning. Tonight we didn't play great, but then, we didn't have to. We never got out of first gear and won 5-0. It's actually quite hard to play your best when your opponent is nowhere near your quality. This is true in many sports. A top table tennis player can beat a not so good player with no flashy shots, no heavy spin, just moving the ball around the table. He might even drop a few points by hitting the net or missing the table. It would be virtually impossible to play at the top level as the other player just doesn't produce the shots that you use better techniques against.

36 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Very strongly disagree and think Unai would too! You should analyse every game, every performance regardless of the result. We should see what worked, what didn't, who performed and who showed weaknesses. And use that information to carry on improving.

The performance today from most was actually average at best, I'm not sure the application was really there throughout the team. Diaby had his worst game for us so far, including friendlies, as he lost the ball a lot and tried to be a little too clever with a number of situations where he could have been a lot more effective.

So, while clearly an incredibly talented player, analysing his performance today would perhaps show he didn't approach the game with quite the right mindset and I think Unai would address that.

Edited by jackbauer24
  • Like 1

Â