Moussa Diaby

Delphinho123

21 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

You imagine if this is true and its 43m our summer budget has been depleted 

Guessing we would need to start selling some players before anymore come in

It won’t be ‘depleted’ we’ve spent it on an excellent player. That’s what the money is for, no point having a transfer fund and not spending it on footballers that improve us… 

Edited by alreadyexists
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, villa89 said:

We aren't going to try to compete with the Saudi offer in terms of wages. It's not possible to even get close. 

I'm not sure what's so complicated for people, we agreed personal terms with him and took a while to agree a fee with Leverkusen. Al nassir also agreed a contract with him and were in the process of agreeing a fee with Leverkusen but in the end it looks like he has chosen to move to us. 

So you think our offer to him hasn't been improved since the bid from Saudi? If that's not too complicated a question for you. 

1 hour ago, The_Steve said:

Romano will squeeze as much juice as he can. He tries to turn transfer updates into bigger sagas when most of the time they aren’t. Look how many tweets he did about Pau. 

Do you have the link to the mainstream media news story that verifies the deal? Would love to see that. Seriously, I seem to have missed it this morning. This is the closest "latest" I've seen:

The Premier League club has agreed in principle on a change with the Werkself. There is a transfer fee of 50 million euros plus bonus payments. Saudi club Al-Nassr had also campaigned intensively for the French until recently.

Edited by Marka Ragnos

40 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

I think it was probably Leverkusen who courted them to help get our bid up. It could have been Diaby's agent to get a revised offer from us though. We'll never know

Martin O'Neil would have publicly refused to be held to ransom and then pay twice the agreed fee.

• Haha 2

So do people think we should put this transfer on hold whilst we check to make sure we are within FFP? I’d hate to be outside of it, not sure anybody at the club has checked or indeed confirmed this? 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Tayls said:

So do people think we should put this transfer on hold whilst we check to make sure we are within FFP? I’d hate to be outside of it, not sure anybody at the club has checked or indeed confirmed this? 

Monchi's asking ChatGPT what FFP is as we speak...

• Haha 4

2 minutes ago, Tayls said:

Ask Gregg Evans

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Tayls said:

Gregg Evans:

giphy.gif?cid=2154d3d7sh00xfkq7zuneysdyd

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Tayls said:

Man City ain't been checking FFP for years mate and they've done alright. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Tayls said:

spacer.png

• Haha 1

Â