Moussa Diaby

Delphinho123

Going to the Saudi league will destroy his international career. There is no way he will get picked by France playing in a non-competitive league. Every player joining that league so far has either retired from international duty or in their twilight internationally ( unless SOuthgate is manager of the national team, then he'll continue to pick Henderson like the eejit continues to pick a non-starting Maguire). Just like Oscar destroyed his career moving from Chelsea to us. If he wants to advance his career, Villa is his choice.

7 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Can’t be stressed enough. It’s utterly unfair to compare him to Bailey, especially that Bailey picked up injuries here through no fault of his own. That’s football sometimes. Either way, we’ve seen how Bailey and Diaby partner up and if we can replicate that we are going to be lightning to watch. 

Yep. If Bailey can get fit and trust in his pace again I wouldn't be totally surprised to see Bailey win more starts than him either. It's just Bailey without his pace is a one trick pony who can only cut inside whereas when he's fit he can just explode down the wing and get to the byline for a cutback. 

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

You imagine if this is true and its 43m our summer budget has been depleted 

Guessing we would need to start selling some players before anymore come in

Why? It's been reported we have like 150-200 million to spend. We definitely do need to shift players. But we have enough for another RB and another 10/CF/Winger. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

£70m for Torres and Diaby, Marv out…so assume net of £60m.  I assume we still have a fair bit of budget left.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, villa89 said:

We aren't going to try to compete with the Saudi offer in terms of wages. It's not possible to even get close. 

I'm not sure what's so complicated for people, we agreed personal terms with him and took a while to agree a fee with Leverkusen. Al nassir also agreed a contract with him and were in the process of agreeing a fee with Leverkusen but in the end it looks like he has chosen to move to us. 

Ask what's so complicated and goes on to offer complicated, opaque explanation of matters with zero sourcing ...  haha

(But I agree, if it's agreed, well, the complications end.)

Edited by Marka Ragnos
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, UpTheVilla26 said:

I reckon we should just move on cos by the time Leverkusen eventually accept a fee, Diaby will be about 47.

Oh great. I'll be 74. Something to look forward to when i'm in a care home.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

Why? It's been reported we have like 150-200 million to spend. We definitely do need to shift players. But we have enough for another RB and another 10/CF/Winger. 

Yeah but we dont know if thats actually true. Dont see how we can spend 200m and be in ffp unless we selling players

Just now, Demitri_C said:

Yeah but we dont know if thats actually true. Dont see how we can spend 200m and be in ffp unless we selling players

No other bastard teams worry about FFP. It's a joke of a joke. Or at the very least a meme of a joke. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, nick76 said:

£70m for Torres and Diaby, Marv out…so assume net of £60m.  I assume we still have a fair bit of budget left.

Probably get small fees for the likes of Hause and Bertie potentially also. Plus, we may yet sell Sanson. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, DeadlyDirk said:

I got called an absolute weapon once. I don't think it was meant in a positive light! Delighted with this though, could be another transformative signing.

🤣🤣👏 made me chuckle 🤣

1 minute ago, The_Steve said:

Probably get small fees for the likes of Hause and Bertie potentially also. Plus, we may yet sell Sanson. 

Azaz whatever the fee will count as 100% profit

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

We need a sub keeper too, as a matter of some urgency. Last season has proven beyond a shadow of a doubt that Olsen can't be trusted to play another 90 mins in a serious game for us, and we just lost two backups in Steer (permanent) and Sinisalo (loan).

We don't have enough in that dept to get through a full season.

15 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I think a 4th signing would need some outgoings yeah to be safe. We could sign another forward if we're confident we'll move the other players on. 

Â