Future Club Crest & Brand Identity

fightoffyour

I cannot believe that first we're being lumbered with this 1997 clipart that doesn't even look like it was made by a graphic design studio for the next 20 years AND, to absolutely take the piss, they've not even bothered to announce the new crest because they know there's been a backlash against it AND Heck is flexing his muscles in a marketing magazine about the whole thing where he gaslights the fans.

It's a complete farce. I hope he completes his remit here in raising revenue, but I won't be sad to see him feck off somewhere else to ruin them instead.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, islingtonclaret said:

I cannot believe that first we're being lumbered with this 1997 clipart that doesn't even look like it was made by a graphic design studio for the next 20 years AND, to absolutely take the piss, they've not even bothered to announce the new crest because they know there's been a backlash against it AND Heck is flexing his muscles in a marketing magazine about the whole thing where he gaslights the fans.

It's a complete farce. I hope he completes his remit here in raising revenue, but I won't be sad to see him feck off somewhere else to ruin them instead.

The article linked a couple of pages back said they they did all the rebrand in house...so it wasn't done by a design studio.

As part of its turnaround plans, Aston Villa is moving operations in-house, with the entire rebrand completed internally.

“My goal was, let’s control our own destiny and bring everything in-house,” he explains. “I want to bring in everything possible to control our customer experience, our brand experience and, quite frankly, our revenue opportunity.” 

Edited by MrBlack

Posted (edited)

Having backed Unai and the squad all season I don't appreciate being called ignorant for, I presume, not just 'letting it go' in relation to the gaslighting that's gone on about our visual identity since June 2023

Edited by Captain_Townsend

3 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Beyond giving a shit at this point.

Put the lads out in bibs and vests for all I care.

skins I reckon. I love a six pack! 

Having slept on it I've decided I don't really care about the new crest one way or another.

Yes it looks amateurish, completely misaligned, has a drop shadow and obviously been done "in house" to save money.

But in the grand scheme of things it says Aston Villa and has a lion on it. 

I think if not for the amazing season we've had I'd probably be more concerned, but as it is I'm just accepting it and looking forward to the new kits.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, NorthEastVillan said:

Having slept on it I've decided I don't really care about the new crest one way or another.

Yes it looks amateurish, completely misaligned, has a drop shadow and obviously been done "in house" to save money.

But in the grand scheme of things it says Aston Villa and has a lion on it. 

I think if not for the amazing season we've had I'd probably be more concerned, but as it is I'm just accepting it and looking forward to the new kits.

Feel completely the same here now as well.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
18 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

And like I said a couple of weeks back, I'm certain this is exactly what they wanted. The fan base are so bored of the badge stuff that they are more likely to just accept it.

I reckon if this badge was revealed 6 months ago there would have been far more backlash. but people just can't be arsed with it. And we've got CL so a lot of people will think it doesn't matter

There’s enough backlash. This thread is just an example and we just a small pocket. Twitter fans are just as vocal. 

this hasn’t gone down well and it’s mostly due to Heck rushing this through and cutting fan input out to save time. But, I suspect the rush was from orders higher up

Edited by CarryOnVilla

Just now, ferguson1 said:

Feel completely the same here now as well.

There's not much we can do about it now anyway. It'll appear everywhere and will already be printed on next seasons kits.

Hated the Lerner crest and its pretty much the same. So just status quo really.

Keep performing on the pitch and It may just grow on me.

• Like 1

I think the badge is ugly, but we'll come to accept it and it will grow on the fan base. Heck knows what he's doing with marketing and branding better I do so I'll trust his vision. What he did with the Philadelphia 76ers was pretty incredible and if he thinks this rebrand is essential in growing the club then so be it. It's a shame he's not communicative with fans and didn't come up with a better badge but this is what you get supporting a club that wants to be a global giant.

• Confused 2

3 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

As we are close to PSR limits the club made the financial decision to keep the same badge we've had for years and make a minor update to it around the text.

Feels like a disingenuous description, if it was just a "minor update to it around the text" (e.g. take the Lerner badge and swap out "AVFC" for "Aston Villa", leave everything else the same) I think largely everyone could have lived with it.  Underwhelming, but passable.  As it is, the main element of the badge is now demonstrably worse.  I mean, nobody's complaining about the same version of the badge where the Lion has no shadow and more detailing, because that version actually looks good and would have represented an improvement.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

People are well aware of that, despite your patronising assurances that they're not.

What people are annoyed about it being lied to about it.

And they go on and on about how they're entitled to know all the business decisions the club make. Whining and complaining experts. 

Some people just live to bitch and moan. We've done too well on football pitch so this is the outlet.

Edited by CVByrne

6 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

There’s enough backlash. This thread is just an example and we just a small pocket. Twitter fans are just as vocal. 

this hasn’t gone down well and it’s mostly due to Heck rushing this through and cutting fan input corners off. But, I suspect the rush was from orders higher up

Hey, you seemed more supportive of the badge yesterday  or am I reading too much into it?

Â