Future Club Crest & Brand Identity

fightoffyour

Oddly enough, my mates who support other clubs have been messaging me that they like it. One even said he liked the drop shadow. Genuine. 

Shows the dichotomy between Villa fans and what others think. 

• Like 2

As with most things like this you'll get some fans who love it, some who detest it and some like me who are just okay with it. It is what it is now.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Probably when i wasnt born as its always faced the left side since i been a villa fan

Most of us were probably not alive back then

Hold the phone. You weren’t alive in the 1800s? lol.

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Dont see many people excited about this though 

Oh I know. It wasn’t planned well. But at the same time, let’s see what the general consensus is before using 20ish posters opinions on VT as the defining opinion for the entire fan base.

• Like 2

Just now, Aston_Villan4 said:

Oh I know. It wasn’t planned well. But at the same time, let’s see what the general consensus is before using 20ish posters opinions on VT as the defining opinion for the entire fan base.

But we already know, when it was leaked months ago and was bashed massively then.

Ok, I do consider myself quite old but is it a little strange to release the new badge on X but no mention of it on the official site? Just a little surprised but is it the done thing nowadays?  I have never used X and wouldn’t even know if it wasn’t for this site.

6 minutes ago, Captain_Townsend said:

I am a big fan of the 'Prepared' motto.

it was part of the adidas stuff last week, and today's tweet.

But it isn't on the new crest so how are they reintroducing it exactly?

They're going to be playing "Be Prepared" from The Lion King over the loudspeakers before every home match.

• Haha 1

Just now, ferguson1 said:

Ok, I do consider myself quite old but is it a little strange to release the new badge on X but no mention of it on the official site? Just a little surprised but is it the done thing nowadays?  I have never used X and wouldn’t even know if it wasn’t for this site.

It's not released yet, it's a full on teaser. We are still using old badge as profile pic on twitter still 

8 minutes ago, Captain_Townsend said:

Just the club motto. It doesn’t have to be part of the badge. 

• Like 1

Just now, Alakagom said:

It's not released yet, it's a full on teaser. We are still using old badge as profile pic on twitter still 

First full showing though. Just seems a strange way to me but as I say, I’m perhaps out of touch.

4 minutes ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

Well there seems to be alot of mocking it on social media on the timing from facebook groups to comments on Instagram 

Probably would have been better to let the dust settle tomorrow when people have calmed down as alot are understandably embarrassed about todays result

9 minutes ago, Captain_Townsend said:

Be interesting if it makes it way on the shirt or if it’s not just fan speculation the special edition 4th shirt … 

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, DJBOB said:

Oddly enough, my mates who support other clubs have been messaging me that they like it. One even said he liked the drop shadow. Genuine. 

You lie. As if any fan of any other team in the whole world would message you and say “you know what, I adore that drop shadow”. 

Edited by DakotaVilla

Just now, OutByEaster? said:

After seeing this image, I went straight to the Villa website to find out more.

I feel a bit stupid in hindsight.

Glad I wasn’t the only one then.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, DJBOB said:

Ditto - I sent it to a Bin dipper fan, a toffee fan, Citeh fans x2 and a Norwich fan and all preferred the new badge to the circular badge. They have no investment in it I know but it was interesting all went for the new iteration. I guess if we hadn’t seen some of the beauts designed by various posters on here then maybe feelings towards it would be more tolerable and different … 

Edited by thabucks
  • Like 2

Â