Future Club Crest & Brand Identity

fightoffyour

1 minute ago, Jas10 said:

Is there any way to polish this turd?

Lion looks horrendous there too 🤦‍♂️

Heck is supposed to be a marketing and branding expert I thought….massive fail on this and even worse communication on it.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, nick76 said:

@OutByEaster? at the FAB meeting this week, ask them about the shite new badge.

Ask them about the timing of release on X being poor.

Ask them if they know what a good design looks like because this is horrendous.

Ask why most of the fans hate it and yet they’ve still gone with it.

Ask them why the communication has been so poor on it. Is it because they know the backlash on it.

I'm sure OBE enjoys being told what to do in this manner 😅

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

Yeah, it’s the worst, even worse than the original Lerner one, and that was shite

Im sorry but the original lerner one was the absolute worst for me. Hated it with  a passion

Edited by Demitri_C

4 minutes ago, Farlz said:

Not that any of you should care and rightly so but asked a few neutral mates and they all seem to like it. 

I think it'll go down better than the round badge but doesn't mean anything of course.  

The round badge was overwhelmingly voted for by the fans so no idea what you are talking about.

Doesnt matter about the round badge now, this in isolation is an abomination.

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, nick76 said:

@OutByEaster? at the FAB meeting this week, ask them about the shite new badge.

Ask them about the timing of release on X being poor.

Ask them if they know what a good design looks like because this is horrendous.

Ask why most of the fans hate it and yet they’ve still gone with it.

Ask them why the communication has been so poor on it. Is it because they know the backlash on it?

Do most fans hate it ? Or just a selection of fans on a forum … it’s not great but also not awful . This place can be an echo chamber and also doesn’t speak for all fans… 

Edited by thabucks
  • Like 2

Posted (edited)

Fwiw, I felt the tone in @nick76’s post was more impassioned/frustrated towards the club than anger towards OBE.

The tweet really was spectacularly bad timing. 

Edited by Mark Albrighton
  • Thanks 2

Just now, thabucks said:

Do most fans hate it ? Or just a selection of fans on a forum … it’s not great but also not awful 

Only anecdotal but when it originally released almost every Villa fan I spoke to outside this forum on other platforms, around the area and at the ground thought it was shite.  I can only go on that.  It is shite though

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Captain_Townsend said:

Why don't they put it out to a vote then. Like in 2022.

because the people voting probably arent a true reflection of most Villa fans.

Selection by committee is usually the worst of all worlds.

• Like 3

Anyone else find the timing of the release on Twitter weird? Almost like when a political party announce some kind of policy at 5pm on a Friday. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Captain_Townsend said:

Why don't they put it out to a vote then. Like in 2022.

Because the club set the terms of the vote. Just like they did in 2022. So if they ask "Do you like this badge" to the general supporter base, you get the full spectrum from the people in this thread to the little old ladies to the general masses who haven't considered colour theory and will like it because it has a lion and "Aston Villa" on it. And then it scrapes over the line to 54.8%, and another badge that has been "voted for".

Fan votes are bad.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Im sorry but the original lerner one was the absolute worst for me. Hated it with  a passion

Agreed, there is no comparison between the latest badge and the Lerner one, which didn’t work at all.

It’s not obvious to me how much this new badge is going to central to the 150th anniversary. Because there is a fairly good chance I will be buy some sort of commemorative piece to mark the occasion. I likely won’t be around for the 200th one.

If what I want to buy is dependent on its aesthetic appeal - some artwork or similar, as opposed to say a book - and it has a badge I don’t like looking at on it…I am a lot less likely to buy that item.

Â