Future Club Crest & Brand Identity

fightoffyour

9 minutes ago, R.Bear said:

I like how you've completely misinterpreted what I've said to suit your own narrative so trying to "argue" your points will be a waste of time. But I am amused by the 1999 point. "If the rules, werent the rules, then it wouldn't have happened." What a great take!

I was merely pointing out that the changed to the CL were nothing but positive. Villa fans moaning because you had to be champions when we won it is exactly what Liverpool fans used to do, right up until 2005, funnily enough. It changed, it’s better, much harder to win. Get over it.

I said that under the older easier rules, Man Utd wouldn’t have been able to complete their treble - at least not with the champions league anyway. So in that regard, it was easier for them to win the champions league that season than it would have been when Liverpool were battering “absolute shit”. 

It’s a counter point to your ”much harder” to win argument. And it’s valid. Get over it.

Edited by Mark Albrighton

10 minutes ago, Mark Albrighton said:

You said the UEFA cup was harder to win.

I said that under the older easier rules, Man Utd wouldn’t have been able to complete their treble - at least not with the champions league anyway. So in that regard, it was easier for them to win the champions league that season than it would have been when Liverpool were battering “absolute shit”. 

It’s a counter point to your ”much harder” to win argument. And it’s valid. Get over it.

I said the UEFA Cup was harder to win before the CL increased the teams yes. I made that very clear. I would rather have to beat one side from Italy or Spain than 3 others. Especially considering the Champions of whichever country werent often the best team from said country the following year. Man Utd that year had to play Bayern (three times), Barcelona, Inter and Juventus. One of the hardest runs there has ever been. Whereas Arsenal bombed out of an easy group despite being champions which backs up my point above. "Under the old rules" doesnt mean anything because they werent he rules anymore. I don't even think you know what point you're trying to make there.

For Liverpool to reach the 1978 European Cup final, they had to beat Crusaders, Trabzonspor, Saint-Etienne and FC Zurich. I rest my case.

Edited by R.Bear

9 minutes ago, R.Bear said:

I said the UEFA Cup was harder to win before the CL increased the teams yes. I made that very clear. I would rather have to beat one side from Italy or Spain than 3 others. Especially considering the Champions of whichever country werent often the best team from said country the following year. Man Utd that year had to play Bayern (three times), Barcelona, Inter and Juventus. One of the hardest runs there has ever been. Whereas Arsenal bombed out of an easy group despite being champions which backs up my point above. "Under the old rules" doesnt mean anything because they werent he rules anymore. I don't even think you know what point you're trying to make there.

Ok mate, I haven’t got the energy or the desire to carry on. I’m not that bothered. 

I would just suggest out of politeness when they next parade the European cup trophy around villa park with the ‘82 team, try and keep the “Yeah but did you see the quality of the opposition” muttering to a relatively low level.

2 minutes ago, Mark Albrighton said:

I would just suggest out of politeness when they next parade the European cup trophy around villa park with the ‘82 team, try and keep the “Yeah but did you see the quality of the opposition” muttering to a relatively low level.

The actual winning of the European Cup is and was the pinnacle of any European teams accomplishment and I'm not taking anything away from previous winners, especially ourselves. I was just saying that the changes they made were good, necessary and made the competition into the elite of the elite. Nothing more, nothing less. Have a good day.

Just now, R.Bear said:

The actual winning of the European Cup is and was the pinnacle of any European teams accomplishment and I'm not taking anything away from previous winners, especially ourselves. I was just saying that the changes they made were good, necessary and made the competition into the elite of the elite. Nothing more, nothing less. Have a good day.

:thumb:

On 04/02/2024 at 14:25, R.Bear said:

No doubt. The star shouldn't be there. It's cringey and small time. The stars above badges for international sides that have won the World Cup look great. It shouldn't be used for European Cup wins from club teams.

I agree with this. Not knocking our achievements. It may have been easier to win back then but it was harder to actually enter the European cup because you had to win the league. I do think we outta drop the star from the badge. Yes we won it but we don’t have to keep reminding people. 

10 hours ago, Risso said:

Utter drivel. This was in the Directors Club hospitality area where people are a bit more civilised, and simply want to say hello and have a 30 second chat. Christian Purslow was always happy to, as was Pitarch. Heck, never. 

Calling something utter drivel doesn't make it utter drivel 😅

2 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

So….

are we getting a new badge?

sticking with an old one?

or…?

🤷‍♂️

Apparently they are going with the monochrome look for the new badge.

fposter,small,wall_texture,product,750x1000.jpg

4 hours ago, Jas10 said:

So….

are we getting a new badge?

sticking with an old one?

or…?

🤷‍♂️

I felt very strongly about this, as you know, but find myself more and more detached as it has been such a disappointing episode over the past half year or so.

20 minutes ago, Captain_Townsend said:

That is about the 2nd or 3rd time this season the official site has taken our previous opponent's badge as ours into the next fixture.

There is a lack of attention to detail right the way through the part of the club that deals with things like the website and the programme.  One of many reasons I stopped getting the programme this season even though my collection of back issues extend back over 36 years.

Edited by Stephen_Evans
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, mrchnry said:

The silence on this is deafening. If the kits were in production then maybe they've stopped? could we see another famous delay to our kits being available? 

As is traditional the away kit is available for you to buy on our official website on the 24th of October.

On 18/02/2024 at 21:37, Captain_Townsend said:

That is about the 2nd or 3rd time this season the official site has taken our previous opponent's badge as ours into the next fixture.

Seriously?? If so, that isn't a human being doing this job, surely?

Edited by AvonVillain

Â