Future Club Crest & Brand Identity

fightoffyour

On 28/06/2023 at 12:07, est1874 said:

Could anyone explain to me why people think Heck's 76ers rebrand is so good? 

I think it looks bland, lacking in personality, and overall just a bit shit tbh.

Their previous logo/brand was admittedly dated but still much much more distinct and interesting to me.

Just saying..........

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I have to say I think the proposed badge is nothing short of diabolical considering all the bloody fanfare about fans choosing the new badge. Strikes me of amateur hour at the club and the badge itself just a mess tbh. The Lerner one actually looks better which I thought would be impossible to achieve. Heck walks in and say's, "hold my bud light". 

I haven't checked but surely this must be posted all over social media by now and being ridiculed by everyone so that the club can see? 

• Sad 1

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, est1874 said:

Just saying..........

I do think the newer 76ers logo looks better, but imo you have sort of hit on the issue. He had a decent base to work from there.

Unfortunately in the case of Villa, if you use dog turd as an ingredient, the best you can hope for is dog turd pie. 

Edited by HKP90

The funny thing is that this new badge is so similar to the existing badge that is probably didn't need a fan consultation. Likely that the FA would approve it on the basis that it is not materially different to the existing, similar to how lots of badges (including the Lerner badge previously) are subject to incremental changes.

3 minutes ago, desensitized43 said:

What kind of **** puts small white lettering on a light blue background?

Someone who wants readabil... oh wait..

Someone who wants scalabi .. ok, let me try again ..

Someone who wants to moderni... ok well , will some drop shadow effect help? 

• Like 1

Have the FAB representatives confirmed that this is the badge they were shown at the last meeting? If so did none of them actually ask what the f…. were the club thinking and how much money was wasted on that abomination?

• Like 1

When I first saw it yesterday it disgusted me, now I’ve slept on it, it still disgusts me. I look forward to tomorrow when it will disgust me further. 

Unless of course, it was all just a bad dream. 

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, avfc1982am said:

I haven't checked but surely this must be posted all over social media by now and being ridiculed by everyone so that the club can see? 

It's everywhere. The club must have noticed. 

They need to get control of the situation

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, desensitized43 said:

What kind of **** puts small white lettering on a light blue background?

Someone who puts gold on sky blue, and who uses a drop shadow to try to make it stand out. 

How does this break so many logo design rules and still get through. 

Just now, Stevo985 said:

Hopefully before it's released they realise they need to backtrack some more because it's horrendous.

The colours are still wrong, it looks unbalanced with all the text at the bottom of the shield. It's worse than the Lerner one imo. 

2 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

The round badge got a mixed reaction. This is basically universally disliked. What a complete disaster it will be if this is correct. 

1 minute ago, ThunderPower_14 said:

The round badge got a mixed reaction. This is basically universally disliked. What a complete disaster it will be if this is correct. 

Yep. I haven't seen a single person with anything good to say about it.

Which might actually be a good thing. The club can't ignore a complete blanket dislike of the badge.

If it was a vote between this one and the round one I can't imagine the round one would get less than 90% of the vote

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, avfc1982am said:

Hopefully before it's released they realise they need to backtrack some more because it's horrendous.

The colours are still wrong, it looks unbalanced with all the text at the bottom of the shield. It's worse than the Lerner one imo. 

They won't backtrack. They will be making next seasons shirts soon.

3 minutes ago, ThunderPower_14 said:

The mixed reaction for the round badge were some feeling it was not bold enough and others not liking the lion facing right.  The design itself was not really questioned unlike the latest one which is totally flawed. 

• Like 1

There's going to be something 'new' about the shirt design. Either something we've done very occasionally historically or something wholesale new. So I'm expecting stripes, checkerboard, half and half split, changed colour balance (Luke style minimised blue for example, or much more yellow)... It's going to be something 'different' that they'll want to make part of our image going forwards. Just pray it's not horrendous like everything else the fool in charge has touched.

I'm used to it already. But then I wanted the round one to remain. I might care more if we were bottom half of the table and there wasn't much else to focus on. 

Â