Future Club Crest & Brand Identity

fightoffyour

1 minute ago, DakotaVilla said:

So what if it’s not a badge and you call it a mark or logo instead. It’s utter crap. If that’s a teaser then god knows what utter level of crapness awaits.

Well a mark or a logo is completely different in the context isn't it?

The badge is THE badge of our football club. It's on everything, the shirts, the stadium, TV, graphics, games everything.

If it's a logo or an example of font or whatever then it could be nothing. Yeah it looks weird but the font might work in the context of something else.

The difference between it being some sort of branding or our actual badge is absolutely massive

• Like 3

Branding in this day and age is everything.

The fact that this abomination even made it to his desk let alone being signed off, let alone triumphantly launched by him as his only public comment to date as being “on brand” is the definition of concerning.

The man is way out of his depth.  

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Galway Lion said:

Way out of his depth ? Have you not seen what HE done with the rebrand of the Philadelphia 76ers ? 
I think I’ll put my trust in the business acumen of our two self made multi billionaire owners over the musings of fans who have no insight whatsoever on the running of a sports brand.

And what did they win during his period there? Absolutely nothing of note from the looks of it. it could be argued he was just there at the right time when the value of us sports franchises exploded. 

And what has he achieved here in his 7 months in charge? Absolutely nothing from the looks of it. 

And if branding is his strong suit and he comes out with that crap abomination of a logo after 7 months I dread to think what he’s been doing in his weaker areas. 

So far all he’s shown is that he can put up ticket prices, convert fan seats into commercial seats, sign off crap logos and royally piss off fans in the process. Literally any single one of us on this forum could have done the same. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Paulie said:

The best thing heck could do is bin off the fan submissions, fan votes, all that crap

He’s having the professionals handle it, finally an adult in the room

There has to be fan engagement in any decision that significantly alters the character of a club now, i.e. he can't just ignore the fans. Thank ****.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Paulie said:

The best thing heck could do is bin off the fan submissions, fan votes, all that crap

He’s having the professionals handle it, finally an adult in the room

Well based on the AV150 “thing” where he seems to have done that then I think the opposite maybe true

48 minutes ago, DakotaVilla said:

And what did they win during his period there? Absolutely nothing of note from the looks of it. it could be argued he was just there at the right time when the value of us sports franchises exploded. 

And what has he achieved here in his 7 months in charge? Absolutely nothing from the looks of it. 

And if branding is his strong suit and he comes out with that crap abomination of a logo after 7 months I dread to think what he’s been doing in his weaker areas. 

So far all he’s shown is that he can put up ticket prices, convert fan seats into commercial seats, sign off crap logos and royally piss off fans in the process. Literally any single one of us on this forum could have done the same.

Your argument here has gone completely off on a tangent, but you're just wrong on these points.

The 76ers went from one of the most forgettable teams in the NBA to one of the biggest during his time there, they're now perennial contenders with one of the best players in the league.

Their rebrand under his watch is one of the most universally lauded and successful rebrands in professional sport, notably bringing a classic aesthetic into the modern era in a way that probably hasn't been done as well anywhere else.

He's been here for 7 months and we're a point off of top of the table after 17 games. If you're not going to give him any credit for that, fine, but you can't then slate him for having done "absolutely nothing" either. We're absolutely humming under his watch.

If he's here to oversee a brand refresh, and it does seem like that's why he was hired, he's arguably the most qualified sports executive in the world to do it. Surely we can give him a crack at it without declaring him a failure before he's done anything?

I've always thought the Spurs badge was the best in the Premier League, and I still do. Instantly recognisable, simple and modern, yet classy, We should do something along those lines with the lion.

4 minutes ago, ThunderPower_14 said:

Your argument here has gone completely off on a tangent, but you're just wrong on these points.

The 76ers went from one of the most forgettable teams in the NBA to one of the biggest during his time there, they're now perennial contenders with one of the best players in the league.

Their rebrand under his watch is one of the most universally lauded and successful rebrands in professional sport, notably bringing a classic aesthetic into the modern era in a way that probably hasn't been done as well anywhere else.

He's been here for 7 months and we're a point off of top of the table after 17 games. If you're not going to give him any credit for that, fine, but you can't then slate him for having done "absolutely nothing" either. We're absolutely humming under his watch.

If he's here to oversee a brand refresh, and it does seem like that's why he was hired, he's arguably the most qualified sports executive in the world to do it. Surely we can give him a crack at it without declaring him a failure before he's done anything?

We’re humming under Emery’s watch. It’s got absolutely nothing to do with Heck whatsoever. As has been made abundantly clear he has absolutely nothing to do with the football side. All Heck has done is sour the mood with a large section of the fans at the start of the season and also again now.

I’ll judge him on what he does at Villa and if “arguably the most qualified sports executive in the world” is so good at rebranding and he’s not said anything of note for 6 months and then his big tease is that crock of shit logo then god help us please when the new badge is unveiled in a few weeks time. 

But I guess expectations are now so low we’ll accept anything that doesn’t look like a 4 year old off their face on fizzy pop has scrawled it with their crayons during arts and crafts. 

There’s not much we can do though so here’s hoping you’re right and that he lives up to the stellar billing that you have given him. It will be fairly easy to assess how good he is in a few weeks as we can just compare his new badge with the one he dumped as soon as he got here. 

1 hour ago, DakotaVilla said:

He obviously had no control of on court success in philly. It is worth pointing out though that Sam Hinkie was forced out because the sixers weren't making money in Hecks first 3 years and it was hurting the rest of the league. But that is also because of what Hinkie himself was doing In regards to deliberately being bad. 

17 minutes ago, DakotaVilla said:

We’re humming under Emery’s watch. It’s got absolutely nothing to do with Heck whatsoever. As has been made abundantly clear he has absolutely nothing to do with the football side. All Heck has done is sour the mood with a large section of the fans at the start of the season and also again now.

I’ll judge him on what he does at Villa and if “arguably the most qualified sports executive in the world” is so good at rebranding and he’s not said anything of note for 6 months and then his big tease is that crock of shit logo then god help us please when the new badge is unveiled in a few weeks time. 

But I guess expectations are now so low we’ll accept anything that doesn’t look like a 4 year old off their face on fizzy pop has scrawled it with their crayons during arts and crafts. 

There’s not much we can do though so here’s hoping you’re right and that he lives up to the stellar billing that you have given him. It will be fairly easy to assess how good he is in a few weeks as we can just compare his new badge with the one he dumped as soon as he got here. 

What would Heck have had to do since he's been here for him to have done a good job?

I always find it interesting when football fans debate the talents of executives. We all largely have no **** idea what they do and whether they're any good at it

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Galway Lion said:

Way out of his depth ? Have you not seen what HE done with the rebrand of the Philadelphia 76ers ? 
I think I’ll put my trust in the business acumen of our two self made multi billionaire owners over the musings of fans who have no insight whatsoever on the running of a sports brand.

How did that work out for you with Randy Lerner?

5 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

The badge is THE badge of our football club. It's on everything, the shirts, the stadium, TV, graphics, games everything.

*nervously side-eyes this season's shenanigans*

I don't like the logo.

The problem is like the design for the new club badge thing, get 42000 Villa fans to come up with a design then you get 42000 different designs, pick one and annoy 39999 other fans

The 150 logo is going to be a one off....it should be obvious what it is "saying". Just a load of squiggles doesn't say anything apart from (probably) "Bo££ocks" in Martian alien speak

2 hours ago, Galway Lion said:

Mate it's mental 😂.

I've seen some now say he's the worst CEO since Tom Fox FFS 🤦🏽‍♂️

• Haha 1

Â