Future Club Crest & Brand Identity

fightoffyour

16 minutes ago, Teale's 'tache said:

Also, been messing around with the current/old crest shape...

spacer.png

Might be more bold if the border and area around Aston Villa is all blue (left design). I do think these last few are exactly the sort of thing the club are after now…

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Captain_Townsend said:

I could live with the one on the left *a peace offering! 

No worries mate and thanks! 😂

I meant as a whole, all of us here can’t agree on anything here let alone the whole and wider fanbase! 😂

Good luck to whoever the designer is this time!!!

-

And like I said earlier, there won’t be a design that everyone will love. At best, most people will like it and others will begrudgingly accept it as long as it’s not a disaster… best case scenario I feel…

But, we have to stick with what we go with this time and stop pissing about!

Edited by Jas10
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, Teale's 'tache said:

spacer.png

The one on left is my favourite of them all by far.

The police badge ones look okay but they really dont mean anything to me - just a generic shape. 

These ones feel aston villa-y 

I would love to see a really really subtle brickwork effect in the background of the left shield. Would add interest/ texture and - for me personally - red brick reflects what I associate with Villa Park and the surrounding area.

I also appreciate that there are a billion or so reasons why this is a terrible idea 🤣

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Teale's 'tache said:

Design Genie is eager to please (Kenneth)...

spacer.png

These are lovely, especially the one on the right. I've always been a fan of claret lion on blue background and would love to see the gold border come back. Though, as designers will be thinking of how it looks on Google, could the gold be a touch darker(?) to make it stand out more on a white background?

Don't care if it supposedly looks like a 'police badge', it's fantastic! (I know full well this won't be the final design, now that it's appeared on here already.)

Edited by His Name Is Death
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Teale's 'tache said:

spacer.png

Mate these are beautiful. The one on the left is perfect, I would be entirely happy with that as our new badge.

It's a sharp bit of graphic design work. Simple but still very different to any other club badges.

Also helps that you're one of the few people to get the colours consistently right!

Love the design work on the last few badges/shields, some peeps got skills. For me though the lion lets all of them down in its current guise. 

If the rumoured budget is true I’d like us to chuck a fair bit of it at redesigning him. At the moment his back feet look like a steam roller has squashed them.  

47 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Man that is beautiful 

Send it to the club!

I think most people would love this one 

I'd say there's a 0% chance that we are having a round badge. Absolutely none.

Heck hasn't come in, torpedoed our imminent launch of a new badge in such a way we have this ridiculous situation of having 2 badges at once, sent out a survey expressing an existing preference for a shield, only to result in what would be an incredibly embarrassing situation of releasing another new badge that's broadly similar to this year's with some colour tweaks and the lion facing the other way.

I understand people's attachment to the round badge, but you'd best prepare for a disappointment because a round badge is not what we're getting.

Edited by Davkaus
  • Like 2

Â