F: Newcastle USA: Mon July 24 00:00

ender4

On 18/07/2023 at 11:36, BOF said:

I must admit I'm a teency bit concerned that this new breed of ostensibly competitive pre-season game will result in more injuries than the usual 'get up to speed at your leisure' efforts against your Walsalls of the world.

This to me is the next stage of football saturation. Pre-season being dominated by (as opposed to a sprinkling of ...) pseudo-competitive (because of financial gains) matches by players who just need their **** muscles stretched.

But hey, let's enjoy this one and hope we don't come home needing a new midfielder and striker for the real Newcastle match.

I don’t know if this is strictly the case Bof.

If we meandered through pre session and turned out half cooked - can you imagine the outcry? 
I think most teams approach these games likeminded , although it’s impossible to legislate for “ loose cannons “  wherever you turn up for pre season 👍🏻

Interesting friendly fixture this, especially considering how well both teams did last season and also we play them first game of the season in a few weeks time.

Personally I’d rather us play friendlies against foreign clubs instead of Premier League teams. 

• Like 2

Guess at a team...

Olsen

Cash Carlos Mings Digne

Luiz   Tielemans 

McGinn                  Buendia

Bailey  Watkins 

They could have arranged kick off for 5 minutes to the hour to sort out this confusion shit.  Wouldn't make any difference locally really. 

1 hour ago, theboyangel said:

Interesting friendly fixture this, especially considering how well both teams did last season and also we play them first game of the season in a few weeks time.

Personally I’d rather us play friendlies against foreign clubs instead of Premier League teams. 

Totally agree. Championship is fine, but otherwise I think it should be from other country’s leagues. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

Totally agree. Championship is fine, but otherwise I think it should be from other country’s leagues. 

Doesn't help attract more interest in The Cult of Premier League though. 

3 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Doesn't help attract more interest in The Cult of Premier League though. 

Yeah true, they love wheeling the show around the nonbelievers to drum up support. I mean, is a billion people in to football not enough for them!? 

1 hour ago, Tomaszk said:

Guess at a team...

Olsen

Cash Carlos Mings Digne

Luiz   Tielemans 

Bailey  Watkins 

I would expect at least 2 kids swapped in there.  

54 minutes ago, srsmithusa said:
2 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

Guess at a team...

Olsen

Cash Carlos Mings Digne

Luiz   Tielemans 

Bailey  Watkins 

Expand  

I would expect at least 2 kids swapped in there.  

Anybody know the substitution rules?

Today has absolutely dragged in. 

Don't normally fuss over friendlies but being on Sky, the opposition being a rival and just generally missing Villa I'm quite looking forward to it. 

Still 2.5 hours to go....

• Like 2

Â