F: Newcastle USA: Mon July 24 00:00

ender4

16 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Players who travelled to US who aren't in squad...

Sanson

Dendoncker

Coutinho

Bailey

All up for sale I'd imagine.

Sanson's reportedly (for reddit) going back to France to finish a move. 

Coutinho & Bailey both probably have not had enough of a preseason - especially Bailey as he's just finished the Gold Cup

Dendoncker's wife just gave birth so I'd imagine he wanted to be there for that

• Like 1

Looking as forward to this as an actual PL game… but it’s just a friendly…

Guess I’m just feeling so positive about the season but… it seems like both teams are taking this quite seriously, strong selections.

Edited by Jas10
  • Like 1

I'm up for this one, quite literally, as I'm still up, as I'm currently a work shy fop with no j word to go to tomorrow morning. (Lots of reluctant j word applications to make next week though, boooo) :( UTV !

• Haha 3

39 minutes ago, Farlz said:

F1wM-HeWYAM4NVK?format=jpg&name=small

Surprised to see Philogene instead of Tielemans. Might say something about how Unai plans to use him (i.e. not left midfield).

Interesting to see Konsa and Mings. Maybe we signed Pau as a sub!

Probably shouldn't read too much into a preseason lineup though...

• Like 1

Just now, TomC said:

Surprised to see Philogene instead of Tielemans. Might say something about how Unai plans to use him (i.e. not left midfield).

Interesting to see Konsa and Mings. Maybe we signed Pau as a sub!

Probably shouldn't read too much into a preseason lineup though...

A raft of changes for second half I would imagine, usually the case..

Just now, Jas10 said:

A raft of changes for second half I would imagine, usually the case..

True, but if he's going to start Mings and Pau together, you would think he would want them to start getting experience playing together.

5 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Decided to stay up to watch the first half at least. Hope I don't regret this choice. 

EDIT: Also, fair play to our international fans who have to stay up or wake at stupid hours to watch us play. Much respect. 

thanks Pie, may I call you Pie for short?  anyway most matches start between 6 and 9 am in Texas which is not nearly the sacrifice that other internationals face, but I am realizing that it's different when a 6 pm start will allow you to start on the EToH early.   I don't terribly mind the 6 am ko as i am generally up before then for work, but the incredible joy of being able to be start the match more than a bit under the influence, cannot be underestimated.   If I, at some point in this, comment on how I love you all, please understand it's the Jameson and Scotch and Rum talking.   VTID

1 minute ago, TomC said:

True, but if he's going to start Mings and Pau together, you would think he would want them to start getting experience playing together.

We’ll likely see different teams in each of these games…

Â