Monchi - President of Football Operations

duke313

8 minutes ago, est1874 said:

Why? Genuine question 

Because Monchi is a talent spotter. He's very hands on with recruitment, with a proven track record of much more success than failure.

His methods aren't anything new to be honest. Other clubs will likely remain further ahead with data, but he is a solid judge of player.

Alemany is a guy in an office. A contracts guy who would negotiate deals. I still don't understand what the thinking is with switching from one to the other. They do different things.

Edited by Tomaszk

1 minute ago, jacketspuds said:

4 years ago we were a rudderless ship on the brink of financial meltdown.

Now we are a serious club with a leadership structure that all but a few clubs in the world will envy.

This is another hugely impressive piece of business by our fantastic owners.

We think.

I remember people getting excited when we hired Tom Fox 😅

I will get excited when we see the output of this new structure. Until then, it's more corporate jibber jabber.

Just now, est1874 said:

We think.

I will get excited when we see the output of this new structure. Until then, it's more corporate jibber jabber.

That's a false narrative 

• Haha 2

57 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

God forbid Madrid or someone comes in for Emery. Vidagany would definitely go with him. 

This is a worry for me, we are putting all our eggs in the Emery basket and of course he deserves our trust. I just hope that we have contingency/succession plans and our entire structure doesnt fall apart should Emery leave.

1 minute ago, mikeyp102 said:

This is a worry for me, we are putting all our eggs in the Emery basket and of course he deserves our trust. I just hope that we have contingency/succession plans and our entire structure doesnt fall apart should Emery leave.

On the flip side he's getting the kind of support that none of the "elite clubs" would be comfortable in providing... At psg he was undermined by his squad and their dof (or whatever it's called) - the massive Spanish clubs are at the whim of their elected president's who sign players to keep them in power rather than build a squad that's put together by a manager/head coach. We're a unique proposition, big Premier League club, he's got the keys to the kingdom and substantial financial backing. He'd be mad to walk out on that for a short term job at an "Elite club".

Just how I see things though.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

4 years ago we were a rudderless ship on the brink of financial meltdown.

Now we are a serious club with a leadership structure that all but a few clubs in the world will envy.

This is another hugely impressive piece of business by our fantastic owners.

Well, 5 years ago but yeah, I felt like the club was huge unprofessional, amateurish and just generally behind most other similar clubs throughout the 2000s and 2010s and it's good to see how far NSWE have taken us.

• Like 1

Exciting appointment because of his reputation and stature..

He has a lot of control and is part of a restructure at the club..

I wonder if this means that there will be some type of overhaul?

I did watch some of Monchi's videos, he prided his youth recruitment on local talent because they would have a good balance between family and football. 

I wonder if we will continue to try poach the best talent in the Midlands and devlop them into first team players..

NSWE have made strong appointments at board level so far so i am confident this will follow suit..

13 minutes ago, Mantis said:

Well, 5 years ago but yeah, I felt like the club was huge unprofessional, amateurish and just generally behind most other similar clubs throughout the 2000s and 2010s and it's good to see how far NSWE have taken us.

They inherited a mess (that was decades in the making). We were still a club locked in the 90s/early 00s - NSWE have brought us into the 21st century. Still much more to do!!!

40 minutes ago, est1874 said:

We think.

if you can't see the difference between these two things then you have bigger problems than a monchi appointment 

• Like 1

This is a huge change in the operations of the club and will be interesting to watch how Monchi and others are able to make a sustained impact on the future success of the club.

28 minutes ago, Anything11 said:

if you can't see the difference between these two things then you have bigger problems than a monchi appointment 

Who said I have a problem with the Monchi appointment at all?

My problem is with people hailing this as the new dawn.

Villa fans could all stand to take a chill pill; and not get alternately ecstatic or incandescent every single time something happens at the club.

Is this the greatest thing ever? Jesus I don't know, time will tell. It's another corporate restructure. We've had half a dozen over the last decade alone. Let's see if it sticks / works before we start crowning Monchi king is all I'm saying.

• Like 2
  • Shocked 1

5 minutes ago, NurembergVillan said:

I have to take a balanced approach to pretty much everything else in my life.

Football is, realistically, completely inconsequential and so I allow myself to be in the throes of joy and despair at any given moment.

At least you see the absurdity of it, I can live with that. Many don't 

Â