Monchi - President of Football Operations

duke313

13 minutes ago, StewieGriffin said:

Seviila's director of youth development is leaving...

Possibly why the negotiations are taking a while?

No, he's saying goodbye to Monchi, whose gibbon him everything really. Must be sad to see him go.

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, StewieGriffin said:

Seviila's director of youth development is leaving...

Possibly why the negotiations are taking a while?

I thought this too but from his other post appears he's just saying goodbye to Monchi, not to the club

A bit of a wacky Football manager 2021 promo, but its interesting that Monchi says he goes by the 70/30 rule.

By that, he says he tries to go for 70% young players with potential and a view to talent development, and then 30% established players to help the team immediately, but also to take the pressure off the younger players, and give them time and space to develop.

Interesting.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, MaVilla said:

A bit of a wacky Football manager 2021 promo, but its interesting that Monchi says he goes by the 70/30 rule.

By that, he says he tries to go for 70% young players with potential and a view to talent development, and then 30% established players to help the team immediately, but also to take the pressure off the younger players, and give them time and space to develop.

Interesting.

He said that's because Seville operates that way as they need to sell.on players for profit. He said some top clubs go for the 100% established players so they take no risks like Real Madrid.

I suspect we'll probably lean more towards established players given we can afford them and we need players who have impacted immediately. I'd say probably 70/30 established to prospects. 

Moreno was established signing while Duran was prospect for example.

1 hour ago, StewieGriffin said:

Soon... apparently 

Monchi Theme Update.

The statement was expected at 1:00 p.m. as it was expected that everything would be resolved.

The last fringes are being resolved, but Monchi's contract is not over yet, the #AVFC has not yet made the purchase.

Â