Monchi - President of Football Operations

duke313

11 minutes ago, zab6359 said:

Why the excitment? Genuine question as isn't he our third choice for this position. I'm not saying it's a bad appointment because in all honesty I don't follow the career of these type of people (and if you are all honest you don't either :) )

I'd never heard of him, either. Then I watched his YT videos. And I was convinced. 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, zab6359 said:

Why the excitment? Genuine question as isn't he our third choice for this position. I'm not saying it's a bad appointment because in all honesty I don't follow the career of these type of people (and if you are all honest you don't either :) )

No evidence that he’s a third choice. Besides in any job you don’t put all your eggs into a singular basket. He’s been a huge success at Sevilla and is on great terms with Unai. This bodes extremely well for the future. 

• Like 1

When a football club, kick up a major fuss, when one of their staff is planning to leave and come to us.....its a pretty good indicator, we are on to a good thing.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 3

13 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

No evidence that he’s a third choice. Besides in any job you don’t put all your eggs into a singular basket. He’s been a huge success at Sevilla and is on great terms with Unai. This bodes extremely well for the future. 

No evidence he is is third choice. nice one that hilarious.

1 hour ago, zab6359 said:

Some people do follow and know about many aspects of the sport to be fair.

Or maybe everyone is a liar.

2 hours ago, zab6359 said:

I guess because I'm an old guy and I've been retired so long, I forget that most of you don't have the unlimited spare time that I have to browse and read the huge amount of often meaningless info (on the net) related to European football. I assumed that a lot of us had heard about Monchi, because he's reached an almost iconic status over the recent decade. The guy has a huge network of scouts and contacts world wide and is totally obsessive about what he does. He is highly regarded as a director of football.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, zab6359 said:

That is about the equivalent of dismissing Federer as a male tennis player because he is third best compared to Nadal or Djokovic.  Still a bl00dy brilliant player. 

Â