Youri Tielemans

thejoker

13 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

I’ve not seen today, but if he was improved it does fit with what was said by Leicester journalist on the Claret and Blue podcast when he signed. It was said he gets better playing regularly, which is why he was never rested there. 

The problem we have is that he’s unlikely to be a regular starter so won’t the run of games to get fully up to speed.

I think it was he’s position. He was played further forward when he come on and was getting proper stuck in and turning the ball over.

• Like 1

Sometimes I get worried that his legs are gone, but today I thought he had a spring in his step, got stuck in and won many battles.

I'm a bit curious why Emery often plays him in more advanced positions, I hope that it isn't that he thinks he isn't good enough defensively.

I still think a mid two with him and Luiz would boss any opposition in the league. Would be a bit fragile defensively, but would boss it.

• Like 1

What a utterly dog shit performance in that first half. Genuinely looks like he can't be arsed. Not closing down, not attempting to find space to receive a pass, not **** trying at all. 

I can forgive a poor performance when there's a modicum of effort but this is taking the piss.

1 minute ago, jimmygreaves said:

What a utterly dog shit performance in that first half. Genuinely looks like he can't be arsed. Not closing down, not attempting to find space to receive a pass, not **** trying at all. 

I can forgive a poor performance when there's a modicum of effort but this is taking the piss.

Are we seeing the Tielemans that everyone at Leicester said downed tools already ?  

I’m not even sure it’s a lack of effort, he just looks totally shot. He’s got ability but it’s like he can’t actually move. As soon as anyone closes him down he’s so easy to dispossess. 

It’s a real worry given the amount he’s paid. He looks miles off being able to compete at this level as an athlete. 

3 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Sadly the Leicester fans may have been right.

He's poor. What happened to him?

He is 26 and has nearly 500 games under his belt, his legs are already gone and he doesnt have the football brain or even the desire to adapt

5 minutes ago, Zatman said:

He is 26 and has nearly 500 games under his belt, his legs are already gone and he doesnt have the football brain or even the desire to adapt

Is that really it at 26 he has lost any pace he had because he's played so much?

Surely not in this day and age.

1 minute ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Is that really it at 26 he has lost any pace he had because he's played so much?

Surely not in this day and age.

Players burn out quickly when they start so young. Fabregas, Torres, Rooney to name a few were all on the downward path at about 26

5 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Players burn out quickly when they start so young. Fabregas, Torres, Rooney to name a few were all on the downward path at about 26

Did we not see that when we did checks before signing him to no doubt huge wages and a long contract then.

Â