Youri Tielemans

thejoker

5 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

That head wobble :lol:

I did the same in Army training to make it look like I was giving it everything but was simply gassed out. Looking forward to the pre season beep test up against Ollie 🤣

He will only do that once at VP and the Holte will hammer him. 

19 minutes ago, YLN said:

When a good player moves on a free, the player gets the expected transfer fee as a signing bonus. We didn't get him for free.

If that were the case, every player would run down their contract or sign shorter ones. They get a signing on bonus, but unless it's like Haaland or someone it won't be in the double figures.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Don’t underestimate the power of the missus. If she says we ain’t moving, you ain’t moving ! 

Happy wife, happy life and all that. 

A happy wife, What’s one of those? 

21 minutes ago, YLN said:

When a good player moves on a free, the player gets the expected transfer fee as a signing bonus. We didn't get him for free.

They get a few million, not tens of millions.

So we've effectively bought Tielemans for a few million, which is still a tremendous bargain.

7 minutes ago, Villa_Vids said:

So he chose Birmingham over Rome and Milan. 🤣 

That's cos he came from Leicester. He's seen the unholy pits from which seldom return. Except for Salt and Vinegar.

Birmingham is at least 100 steps up.

12 hours ago, marklcfc said:

Tielemans can't run, his legs have gone. You have to see it to believe it.

Cheer up chappy, You’ve still got Steptoe Vardy and his legs haven’t gone…..

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, av1 said:

This comment did make my laugh. The bloke looks like he’s soiled himself. 

nt: contains swearing. 

I must admit, if I was his manager and he gave that little effort, I'd have f***ed him off to train with the U18s.

Hopefully Emery will get him to apply himself. I'm sure he will.

And if not, f*** him off to the u18s. As long as his contract is not 3+ years, we've not got much to lose, and a potentially top player for slim pickings.

Edited by HKP90

11 minutes ago, zab6359 said:

Doesn't quite work like that.

Why do you think that?

To me it seems like it would. Let's say you have two identical players Freelemans (on a free) and Tiedlemans (tied to a contract). Villa and Spurs want one of them. Lets say the wage is the same.

Tiedlemans is costing them 50 million. Freelemans is free. Villa go to Freelemans and offers him the contract. He says I want 40 million of a signing fee. Villa go '**** off' and then have to spend 50 million on Tiedlemans. Doesn't seem likely. Because Spurs are going to do the maths and realise yeah paying Freelemans 40 million is insane but it saves them 10 million on the price of Tiedlemans.

So there's a bidding war and the clubs want to pay as little as possible for a player, which means the player essentially gets most of any potential transfer fee.

Tell me why that sounds wrong.

3 minutes ago, Robbie09 said:

Cheer up chappy, You’ve still got Steptoe Vardy and his legs haven’t gone…..

You see that video showing Vardy playing for a non-league club with an police ankle tag? He had to come off at half time during away games, jump in a car and get back home before curfew. 

10 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

If that were the case, every player would run down their contract or sign shorter ones. They get a signing on bonus, but unless it's like Haaland or someone it won't be in the double figures.

When a player signs a renewed contract with a club, that risk is factored into it. The cost of them running it down and them leaving on a free, so when they re-sign they get a big signing on fee.

It's why Deadly Doug said that a player signing a new contract was like buying a new player

45 minutes ago, GREAT_BEARD_OF_ZEUS said:

Re him 'downing tools' unfortunately that's par for the course in today's game.

Benteke went on strike to move to Villa.

I remember watching Idrissa Gueye 'lightly jogging' back when Man City broke against us at Villa Park and the guy sitting next to me going nuts about it.

Anyone remember Dwight's last game?

Slightly concerning that he's seemingly done this for so long but you never know what's happened behind the scenes. Sounds like he wanted a move for a while but the club wouldn't let him. Might have been playing with an injury, who knows.

One question I would have is that, if he was angling for a big move, would you have perhaps not chosen Milan over us now? Instead it's been said he's preferred to stay in the area. Might mean priorities have changed and he wants to keep his family settled and therefore cement a new home with us rather than keep jumping to the next stepping stone.

I think we shouldn't ignore the effect on YT of playing for a manager that has run out of ideas and, as a consequence, constantly being on the end of shit results. As fans, we only get to see the player's output on match day, but look how good footballers have suffered in that past.

Our team has been littered with examples: Veretout, Gueye, Ayew, McGinn, Konsa, Chester, Watkins, Coutinho have all shown prolonged periods without any notable form for various reasons. If we had sold McGinn under Gerrard, I don't think many would be congratulating the buying club's fans. Under Emery, he's one of the first names on the teamsheet.

Poor management, confidence issues, tactics, playing out of position, poor physical fitness, playing with a niggling injury, mentality, morale, family matters or a combination of a few thing, can make the difference between excelling and looking like a player has never kicked a ball in their life. Sometimes given our vantage point, it points us to the conclusions of downing tools, or simply that the player is shit.

As much information the Leicester fans think they have, they can only see Tielemans' match day output, and not necessarily the causation.

Don Unai will have a full dossier on every player he considers and, given he's the smartest footballing man we have at the football club, will go through every facet of a player's worth to him (and actually understand the data he has). That doesn't mean everything will work out 100% of the time,  but I don't think he would leave much to chance.

• Like 4

one thing about this signing, if you look at both Tielemans and Buendia, they both love a through ball, so we need to buy a couple of players who really feed off a line breaking through ball.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, YLN said:

When a player signs a renewed contract with a club, that risk is factored into it. The cost of them running it down and them leaving on a free, so when they re-sign they get a big signing on fee.

It's why Deadly Doug said that a player signing a new contract was like buying a new player

Deadly Doug said that because he was tighter than a vacuum packed duck anus.

• Haha 2

37 minutes ago, av1 said:

This comment did make my laugh. The bloke looks like he’s soiled himself. 

nt: contains swearing. 

That's what a call running your contract down😂😂

2 hours ago, Follyfoot said:

Are you saying he’s a bad egg and possible poison in the dressing room?

On a sidenote, I hope you keep Deano, he will get you up no problem especially with the links that Shakey already has 

I don’t think he’s like that, more a case of people see a player not 100% committed and angling for a move away, it impacts them also. 

• Like 1

Â