Race for Champions League - 2023/2024

Don_Simon

21 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

He's phenomenal isn't he. Amazing footballer, that seems to have the very rare ability to be able to defend properly and attack.

As a Croatian, have you followed him much? Has he always had this potential in him as he looked really poor early on in the season. 

Yeah he really has. Played for my home team Dinamo Zagreb which has been a breeding ground for players such as Modrić, Kovačić, Brozović and the list just goes on. But other than Luka he has always shone the brightest from such a young age. 

im really surprised it doesn’t get attacked more by Premier League sides. I could rattle of some juniors that are just sublime and waiting for the picking at bargain prices.

• Thanks 1

Spurs Fans would have loved it when Villa dropped points against Chelsea and Brentford. I'm praying Spurs drop points tonight....we both have to play City twice, if we do better in those matches then happy days!

2 minutes ago, TheStagMan said:

Oooh, Sky commentators talking about us during a Spurs v City game.

Gary Neville is always pretty positive about the Villa, he understands our importance and often says Villa Park is his favourite stadium.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, srsmithusa said:

i can sort of understand those that hate cheering for shitty,  but not me.  I want nothing as much as i want what's best to advance villa.  So if spuds were playing hitler, mao, black bart and their best friends, I would be happily supporting the axis of evil.

so come on whoever is playing tottenham today !!!!  

i'd rather city won than arsenal anyway. every bit of success they've had i just shrug my shoulders and remind myself of the 115 charges being the reason for it. i know no city fans. you don't even really see that many about. they don't even really care anymore as evidenced by the hoardes of fans leaving before the trophy presentation at their place when they beat us a couple of years back

they mean absolutely nothing to me...but you know that arsenal fans will just be insufferable

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, CroVillan said:

Yeah he really has. Played for my home team Dinamo Zagreb which has been a breeding ground for players such as Modrić, Kovačić, Brozović and the list just goes on. But other than Luka he has always shone the brightest from such a young age. 

im really surprised it doesn’t get attacked more by Premier League sides. I could rattle of some juniors that are just sublime and waiting for the picking at bargain prices.

There was a show I watched recently talking about the first wave of Croatian stars that came to the Premier League, mostly at Tottenham (Krancjar, Corluka, etc).

Slaven Bilic was interviewed and he was saying the same as you,  there is a lot of talent there that just needs to be picked up. 

• Like 1

Well, that's it.

I'm a 90s kid. I don't really know Aston Villa as a successful football team, the closest I've seen is us shitting the bed in cup finals, and I was brought up watching the CL on ITV, that Man United treble win, etc.

I never thought, even under Lerner when at times we came close, that we'd really do it.

I want a trophy more, of course I do, but the first time I hear this music under the lights at a packed out Villa Park, I think I'm going to cry as much as Small Heath fans will be tonight. It's going to be a special moment.

• Like 3