Race for Champions League - 2023/2024

Don_Simon

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

FTFY

It's almost like we're not playing or have any dog in this fight 

Have you seen our last 3 1/2 performances  … I think our dog got taken to doggie heaven after its legs went and it just couldn’t play ball like it used to 

I just hope city don’t  decide to do a spurs , 

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, thefeet1980 said:

A draw would be absolutely fine.

It means we can win or draw on final day (assuming spurs win against city). The only thing that would stop us finishing 4th in this instance is if there is a 10 goal swing in Spurs favour

Edited by Tayls

Not sure how many of you are on twitter but arsenal fans are absolutely HATING us right now 😭 we are the reason they are not winning the league apparently, its as if they haven’t lost earlier this season… oh yeah they did to US again 😂 nah tbh as much as i dont like their fanbase i dont mind arsenal and want to see them win rather than man city but if we dont do what is required tomorrow night then man city need to destroy spurs.

• Haha 2

I'm glad they hate us after beating us 4-0 at Wembley. About time these entitled big clubs don't have their own way. 

I hope Asterisk city win and then get it rebuked so the gooners win a 2nd hand title.

Looking at it, assuming Arsenal win their one remaining game, Man City actually have to win both their remaining games, a draw against Spurs wont do.

GD in the scenario that Man City dont win both games, is in Arsenals favour, currently.

5 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

Looking at it, assuming Arsenal win their one remaining game, Man City actually have to win both their remaining games, a draw against Spurs wont do.

GD in the scenario that Man City dont win both games, is in Arsenals favour, currently.

Yep apart from Spurs winning Saturday a lot of the other results/scenarios have gone in our favour.  We just need one more, us or them and its sorted 

Just now, beasley14 said:

Yep apart from Spurs winning Saturday a lot of the other results/scenarios have gone in our favour.  We just need one more, us or them and its sorted 

yeah, if Man City draw versus Spurs, they go in to the final game level on points with Arsenal, but with a -3 GD.

Now.......Man City are clearly capable of scoring 4/5/6 goals in a game, but in the scenario where they go in to the final game, level on points with Arsenal, but with a -3 GD, you gotta say its 95%+ in Arsenals corner.

So yeah, as you say, Man City go in to the Spurs game knowing they must win, which is good for us i guess.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

Yea. It’s only a difference of 3 though, and it’s very possible that City could batter someone on the final day to make it happen. But yea, they will want to win on Tuesday. I don’t think I have ever wanted them to win more.. 

Just now, Tayls said:

Yea. It’s only a difference of 3 though, and it’s very possible that City could batter someone on the final day to make it happen. But yea, they will want to win on Tuesday. I don’t think I have ever wanted them to win more.. 

it is -3 yep, but if Arsenal manage say....a 2-0 win on the final day versus Everton, its -5, so then City are in the realms of needing a 5 or 6 goal winning margin?

I agree Man City are capable of scoring 5 or 6 on their day, but starting the final days with a -3 wouldnt bode well for them i dont think.

Posted (edited)

Have a look at the Glory Glory forum, basically the mindset of their fanbase in the prem match forum v Man. City.

As I said in the other thread, I really don’t want to go but my son wants to go. It’ll be even worse if Villa don’t win tomorrow coz then I’ll be really conflicted.

The footballing gods really hate us don’t they. What sort of fudging sacred site did we build our stadium on to invoke this much brick?

😂

Edited by VillaChris

4 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Have a look at the Glory Glory forum, basically the mindset of their fanbase in the prem match forum v Man. City.

😂

This has become such a strange situation, the fact that us playing Liverpool the night before could have huge effect on the title 

11 minutes ago, Pongo Waring said:

Lets just win tonight so we can finally end this thread

The real reason for wanting a win lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1