Race for Champions League - 2023/2024

Don_Simon

2 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

We couldn’t turn over a woeful Brentford and then we beat Arsenal with one of our best performances of the season

Don't apply logic to this mate you will ruin the fun on what gets posted next ...

I suppose we can shit our pants at that Palace result or look at it another way. Utd are a total mess at the moment and play Arsenal next. If, and based on what we have seen recently they will, Arsenal beat Utd it means Man City will have to beat Spurs next week to still have winning the title in their own hands. 

• Like 4

Everyone jumping over the next fixture we have and fixated on Palace, how about we show some optimism and beat Liverpool instead get it over and done with job done 🤝

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

I suppose we can shit our pants at that Palace result or look at it another way. Utd are a total mess at the moment and play Arsenal next. If, and based on what we have seen recently they will, Arsenal beat Utd it means Man City will have to beat Spurs next week to still have winning the title in their own hands. 

This and with Arsenal winning ,Liverpool are officially out of the race Raising game at home to beat Spurs is one thing but with nothing to play for away on a Monday night...let's wait and see.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

Spurs losing to City doesn't suit the narrative that  too many are projecting on here, we can't finish 4th under any circumstances...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GingerCollins29 said:

Funny isn't it. I was thinking why (me included) are so worried when its 95% probable we will do it. 

It's been drilled into us - collapse, failure, bottling it. Classic villa. It means so much that the thought of not doing it is literally terrifying. 

So much disappointment, followed by promise, followed by hope, followed by dissapointment over the last 30 years. 

100% this

This thread was funnier when people thought United could catch us. 

Now, it’s just doomsday peppers finding ways to dump us out of the UCL. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

I’ve just put £100 on spurs to finish top 4. Just in case. You’ll all be happy to know I can’t win a bet to save my life 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GingerCollins29 said:

Funny isn't it. I was thinking why (me included) are so worried when its 95% probable we will do it. 

It's been drilled into us - collapse, failure, bottling it. Classic villa. It means so much that the thought of not doing it is literally terrifying. 

So much disappointment, followed by promise, followed by hope, followed by dissapointment over the last 30 years. 

I don't really understand why this is still the thought process though. Last few years we have had promotion, survived relegation got brilliant new owners, signed some cracking players and a brilliant manager. To top it off we are up there shooting for 4th and in a European semi final. 

As fans in my mind the disappointment feeling should be long gone. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, dappadan said:

I don't really understand why this is still the thought process though. Last few years we have had promotion, survived relegation got brilliant new owners, signed some cracking players and a brilliant manager. To top it off we are up there shooting for 4th and in a European semi final. 

Amen.

I really don't like the 'typical villa' type posts when this club has shown bottle time and time again since 2019.

16 minutes ago, grobs said:

I’ve just put £100 on spurs to finish top 4. Just in case. You’ll all be happy to know I can’t win a bet to save my life 

How much are you not going to win?

25 minutes ago, dappadan said:

How old are you if you dont mind me asking?