Race for Champions League - 2023/2024

Don_Simon

3 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

I keep hearing this, but it don't work like that for me. To give up 4th now would be devastating, irrelevant of the season we have had.

They are there to get 4th now. To miss out on what that brings would be awful. 

• Like 1

The 9 goals ahead could disappear very quick with 2 of the teams they are playing, so we need to get this done ourselves 

Let's not forget this is SPURS we're dealing with here. Knowing them, they'll probably beat Citeh and somehow lose to one of the other two. Very Spursy.

Calma.

Unai Emery pleased with Aston Villa approach despite Everton draw |  LiveScore

8 minutes ago, Captain_Townsend said:

Been a magical season, whatever happens.

4 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

To give up 4th now would be devastating, irrelevant of the season we have had.

Both can be true.

• Like 1

Just now, pete101 said:

The 9 goals ahead could disappear very quick with 2 of the teams they are playing, so we need to get this done ourselves 

If they draw or beat city 

• Like 1

Just now, Beastmix said:

Let's not forget this is SPURS we're dealing with here. Knowing them, they'll probably beat Citeh and somehow lose to one of the other two. Very Spursy.

Calma.

Unai Emery pleased with Aston Villa approach despite Everton draw |  LiveScore

Let's just hope Burnley beat them then.

My 12 year old daughter just said ‘I never wound have dreamt we would be competing for 4th and a CL place in my lifetime’ - chill and enjoy the journey 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Zero7 said:

My 12 year old daughter just said ‘I never wound have dreamt we would be competing for 4th and a CL place in my lifetime’ - chill and enjoy the journey 

If you chill and don’t care about the outcome, how do you get any enjoyment out of the journey?

• Like 1

The point against an inform Chelsea team could be defining. I’m usually annoyed when we throw away a 2 goal lead but said on the night it was a good point considering we didn’t play well.

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, viivvaa66 said:

If you chill and don’t care about the outcome, how do you get any enjoyment out of the journey?

I’m saying don’t get stressed out and shit the bed 

We are ONE game away from CL, we have three attempts/scenarios to achieve this.

1-beat Liverpool 

2-city beat spurs. (Most probable)

3-beat palace 

If none of these come through and we end up missing out whether we blame injuries, tiredness or what, we have ourselves to blame. Personally I think by hook or by crook we do it. I wouldn’t be surprised if we pull off a miracle Thursday and the confidence sweeps us home in front of a madhouse VP, imagine the scenes. It would be phenomenal.

• Like 4

Why do people think Spurs will get a draw v City? Spurs defence is like a sieve , and City have won the last 6 games, who will most likely need to continue winning or Arsenal will win the league.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Mark_1989 said:

We are ONE game away from CL, we have three attempts/scenarios to achieve this.

1-beat Liverpool 

2-city beat spurs. (Most probable)

3-beat palace 

If none of these come through and we end up missing out whether we blame injuries, tiredness or what, we have ourselves to blame. Personally I think by hook or by crook we do it. I wouldn’t be surprised if we pull off a miracle Thursday and the confidence sweeps us home in front of a madhouse VP, imagine the scenes. It would be phenomenal.

4 Spurs don't beat Burnley 

5 Spurs don't beat Sheffield United 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Zero7 said:

I’m saying don’t get stressed out and shit the bed 

Most want 4th, anything less will be a nightmare. If you can chill finally losing it to a shit Spurs team, your a better man than most.

Just now, duke313 said:

Why do people think Spurs will get a draw v City? Spurs defence is like a sieve , and City have won the last 6 games, who will most likely need to continue winning or Arsenal will win the league.

Guess who the last team to beat city was, back in December 2023…. 

It’s almost fitting for Spurs to go and beat them.