Race for Champions League - 2023/2024

Don_Simon

Just now, Hank Scorpio said:

The Brentford collapse is looking more painful as of now 

We are more than capable of winning at Arsenal. They arent Man City. We have a decent record at the Emirates comparatively and Spurs are no shoo ins to win on Tyneside.

So long to go.

I still think we will get 5th and CL personally. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, ben1505 said:

I’m aware of that.. they’ve probably got the squad to compete on both fronts anyway…

It’s probably more the effort they are going to have to expend in this second half might take it out of them although they’ll have two more days rest than us.

Can we all just try and ignore it gents? 

Elephant aside, I think both sides have shown this year they can score plenty of goals, and with at least 135 minutes left plenty of time for them to lock in that 5th place CL spot for Tottenham.

We may end up laughing our 4th placed bollocks off if 5th doesnt get CL and Spurs miss out. 

If we finish top 4 we dont want 5th getting it.

Lets think about that. :)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, GlobalVillan said:

We may end up laughing our 4th placed bollocks off if 5th doesnt get CL and Spurs miss out. 

If we finish top 4 we dont want 5th getting it.

Lets think about that. :)

The more teams we have in the CL next season with the new format the better - makes it more likely that 5th will be enough for CL places the season after (due to the number of additional matches that teams will play).

12 minutes ago, ben1505 said:

I’m aware of that.. they’ve probably got the squad to compete on both fronts anyway…

Not really. Saka only got a bit of a rest for the first time last week vs Luton

2 minutes ago, allani said:

The more teams we have in the CL next season with the new format the better - makes it more likely that 5th will be enough for CL places the season after (due to the number of additional matches that teams will play).

The least PL sides in the CL the better chance we have ro close the financial gulf. F*** Spurs getting in. 

We will aim for higher than 5th every season anyway.

I do find it... interesting... how you're not 'allowed' to have a different view point on here sometimes. Whilst I agree that certain posters are barely short of trolling, the concern some have for our end of season results and rewards are often scoffed at. How come blind optimism that it'll all go our way is allowed but worry isn't?! I wish I could think positively, but my experience of life and football is normally, if shit can go wrong, it will!

We're going to get 4th definitely. Mmm...

We're going to get 5th definitely. Strongly probable... But definitely?

We'll get CL regardless. Have you seen the draw?

We'll win Conference. Hardest draw/route possible.

I think the odds of it all going our way are diminishing almost week by week, and soon probably day by day. I take ZERO enjoyment in that and hate the idea I could be right and definitely wouldn't be saying I told you so. But equally people shouldn't be hounded for being pessimistic.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, jackbauer24 said:

I do find it... interesting... how you're not 'allowed' to have a different view point on here sometimes. Whilst I agree that certain posters are barely short of trolling, the concern some have for our end of season results and rewards are often scoffed at. How come blind optimism that it'll all go our way is allowed but worry isn't?! I wish I could think positively, but my experience of life and football is normally, if shit can go wrong, it will!

I think the odds of it all going our way are diminishing almost week by week, and soon probably day by day. I take ZERO enjoyment in that and hate the idea I could be right and definitely wouldn't be saying I told you so. But equally people shouldn't be hounded for being pessimistic.

It’s not blind optimism to say we’ll finish 5th when we’ve got like a 97% chance of it happening 😂

11 minutes ago, jackbauer24 said:

By all means have a different opinion but you also must face up to it being scrutinised and challenged respectfully. Posting negative nonsense will get what it deserves, being realistic with rationale is another thing. Regurgitation of negativity and I told you so posts will get the response they deserve.